Amazon Australia introduces Amazon Launchpad, a new program that will help Aussie startups and entrepreneurs to bring innovative products to local customers looking for unique items, with a homegrown twist.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
With Amazon Launchpad, local startups and entrepreneurs can use the company’s retail expertise and infrastructure to share their stories and grow their businesses, overcoming many of the challenges associated with bringing products to market.
At launch, over 150 local and international brands will feature on the Australian Amazon Launchpad store.
Participants will benefit from custom product pages on the new Amazon.com.au Launchpad store, marketing support and access to Amazon’s local fulfilment network including Amazon Prime.
Research commissioned by Amazon Australia and conducted by AlphaBeta has found that over two-thirds (68%) of small to medium-sized retailers (SMEs) with high-growth aspirations, plan for online channels to be an important part of increasing sales.
However, about a fifth (21%) aren’t confident using digital tools. SME’s cited lack of capability to understand and implement digital tools (36%), lack of skills to implement digital tools (29%), and the costs of developing an e-commerce channel (36%) as key barriers to growth.
“Australian inventors and entrepreneurs are responsible for some of the most innovative consumer products in the world from the electric drill right through to Vegemite. We’re excited to work with the next generation of local entrepreneurs on bringing their innovative products to millions of customers – from Lyre’s Non-Alcoholic Sprits Co, through to sustainable swimwear brand, Salt Gypsy from Byron Bay.”
Rocco Braeuniger, Country Manager for Amazon Australia
Product creation is only one part of the equation in launching a product and that marketing, logistics and finding an audience can be just as challenging.
With Amazon Launchpad, the company offers a program that will help ease some of these challenges for startups and entrepreneurs alike.
Australian customers will be able to show their support for local businesses through shopping from a host of homegrown innovative products, all underscored by the convenience and fast delivery from Amazon.com.au.
Amazon Launchpad services
Amazon Launchpad offers startups and entrepreneurs an array of services that help accelerate their business including:
- Brand Development: Custom product pages help bring products to life through photos and videos. Founders can tell their story and connect with customers in a more personal way, with a Q&A about the startup.
- Customer Reach: Amazon’s most powerful tools for engaging with customers – including merchandised placements, and personalised recommendations.
- World-class Fulfilment: Startups also enjoy access to Amazon’s local fulfilment network and fast, unlimited shipping with Amazon Prime, along with exceptional customer service.
If you are an Australian small business, is this new program something you would consider? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.