Amazon expansion of Amazon Business in Europe continues with today’s announcement that the giant retailer has launched Amazon Business in France.
Here is The Press Release from Amazon
Amazon today announced the launch of Amazon Business on amazon.fr (www.amazon.fr/business), meaning that it is now available on three Amazon marketplaces across Europe. Companies with operations in the United Kingdom, Germany and France can now purchase business supplies in their local language, whilst accessing a range of business-tailored features designed to save time, money, and increase productivity.
Amazon Business combines over one hundred million business-relevant products – everything, from laptops, and office supplies, to industrial safety and janitorial supplies – with a set of unique features tailored for business customers. It’s everything that customers know and love about Amazon, but for business.
After launching in the UK in April 2017, Amazon Business now serves more than 90,000 business customers – from sole traders and small businesses to large multi-national organisations and FTSE 100 companies, as well as institutional buyers like universities, hospitals and non-profits.
“The launch of Amazon Business on amazon.fr enables multi-national businesses with entities in Europe to continue to streamline their purchasing, whilst also providing new exporting opportunities for smaller UK businesses who sell on the Amazon Business Marketplace,” said Bill Burkland, Head of Amazon Business, Amazon.co.uk.
Amazon Business on amazon.co.uk offers customers:
- Pay by invoice – pay on net 30 day terms to help improve cash flow.
- Free One-Day Delivery – Businesses can get their products fast and free on qualified orders of £30 or more.
- Catalog Curation – Enable businesses to configure the Amazon Business catalogue according to their procurement policies. Administrators can define approval criteria and set preferred products or restricted categories.
- Business Invoice – Search and filter features now allow business customers to quickly find offers from Amazon and from Marketplace sellers who display net prices and make VAT-exclusive invoices automatically available for download on the customer’s account.
- Coupa Open Buy – Coupa customers now have access to millions of Amazon Business products simply by using the search bar within the Coupa interface.
- Increase visibility and control – Add a Purchase Order (PO) number to orders, add multiple users to business accounts, set spending limits, enable purchasing approval workflows and gain visibility of expenditure with Amazon Business analytics.
- Integrated into e-procurement systems – Enabled on leading e-procurement platforms including Coupa, JAGGAER and SAP Ariba.
- Detailed transaction data on commercial card purchases – Track and reconcile business purchases with line-item detail on every Amazon Business purchase made with a Visa Commercial Card issued by Barclaycard, Citi, HSBC or Lloyds Bank.
With today’s announcement, small businesses in the UK who sell on the Amazon Business Marketplace can now increase their B2B and export sales by reaching new business customers on amazon.fr.
Half of all units sold on Amazon Business are from independent, third party sellers, with more than 30,000 in the UK having accessed the Amazon Business Seller feature set.
Sellers who have adopted the feature “VAT Calculation Service” increased their B2B sales on Amazon Business on average by more than 50 per cent within the first month.
To register for a free Amazon Business account please visit www.amazon.co.uk/business.
Businesses that want to sell their products to business customers can visit www.amazon.co.uk/business-seller.
Your Comments Are Welcome
We hope you found this press release informative. Please join us in our Free Facebook Group Global eCommerce News & Discussion for Sellers where we always talk about what is going on for SMEs around the globe. The group is a great way to discuss this article or any other news relevant to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
If you liked this article and would like to engage with other small business entrepreneurs selling on marketplaces, join our . You can also find us on , , , and or sign up for our newsletter below.
SIGN UP. BE INSPIRED. GROW YOUR BUSINESS.
We do not sell your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.