Amazon Canada today introduced a monthly membership option for Prime Student members.
At $3.99, the monthly option offers Prime Student members in Canada an alternative to the existing annual membership, which is $39.
“We are excited to see Prime Student resonate so well with students in Canada and are pleased to offer another flexible, monthly option at a low price of $3.99 per month. With Prime Video now included in their six-month trial, student members can start enjoying award-winning content from Amazon right away.”
Mike Strauch, Country Manager for Amazon Canada
Prime Membership for Post-Secondary Students
Prime Student is a Prime membership designed specifically for post-secondary students that offers an unparalleled combination of shopping and entertainment all in one place.
Students of two- and four-year schools signing up to the monthly plan get access to all the benefits of Prime Student including:
- Fast, Free Shipping: Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- Even Faster, Free Shipping: FREE One-Day Shipping in select cities and FREE Same-Day Delivery if shipping to Toronto or Vancouver on eligible orders
- Prime Video: Instant access to movies and TV shows including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Prime Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (also now included in the six-month trial sponsored by UGO)
- Deals and Special Offers: Exclusive student deals and offers including discounts on selected textbooks (for a limited time use TEXT10 at checkout), fashion and much more
- Twitch Prime: Enjoy a selection of free games and in-game loot
- Amazon Photos: Securely store existing photo collections, automatically upload new photos taken and access them anytime, anywhere, at no cost
Signing up is simple – eligible students only need to provide their school email address to begin enjoying the benefits of Prime Student membership for six months at no cost by visiting amazon.ca/joinstudent.
Following the trial, students now have the option to continue their membership for $3.99 per month on the new monthly plan or for just $39 per year, less than half the cost of an annual Amazon Prime membership.
This program is similar to the US Prime Membership for Students, but at a much lower price than the US program which currently is $6.49/month (USD).
READ MORE: Amazon Prime 2018 – By The Numbers
What do you think about Amazon Prime for Students? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.