Amazon Canada Opens New Fulfillment Center in Hamilton Ontario
Amazon Canada celebrated the opening of its newest advanced robotics facility fulfillment center, YHM1, in Hamilton, Ontario this week.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
The facility will be home to 1,500 jobs, with employees receiving comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities starting on Day One.
“This new facility in Hamilton is the company’s most advanced facility in our network today, and it’s the 1,500 employees that really make this place spectacular. Robotics technology helps extend the reach and capability of our team in a manner that makes tasks easier and more efficient, and make our fulfillment centers safer and more collaborative.”Vibhore Arora Regional Director, Canada Customer Fulfillment, Amazon Canada.
Amazon Canada Continued Growth and Expansion in Ontario
Amazon Canada plans to open four new facilities in 2022 and 2023, including YHM1, which will create 4,500 great, safe jobs across the province. The facilities include:
- Hamilton – YHM1 – Robotics Sortable Fulfillment Center
- Ottawa – YOW3 – Robotics Sortable Fulfillment Center
- Southwold – YXU1 – Fulfillment Center
- Whitby – YHM6 – Sort Center
Since 2021, Amazon Canada has created more than 3,000 jobs in Ontario with the launch of 15 new facilities. The facilities launched from 2021 include:
- Ajax – YOO1 – Fulfillment Center
- Bolton – YHM9 – Sort Center
- Brampton – YHM5 – Sort Center, DOI3 – Delivery Station
- London – DLC1 – Delivery Station, DLC4 – Delivery Station
- Mississauga – DTY4 – Delivery Station, DOI6 – Delivery Station, DOI5 – Delivery Station
- Ottawa – DYT6 – Delivery Station, DYT3 – Delivery Station
- Pickering – DON1 – Delivery Station
- Scarborough – DON8 – Sort Center
- Stoney Creek – DXT8 – Delivery Station
- Vaughan – DOI9 – Delivery Station
In total, Amazon’s expansion in Ontario between 2021 and 2023 represents 19 new facilities and 7,500 jobs. Toronto, Ontario is also home to one of Amazon’s tech hubs in Canada.
“Ontario is the best jurisdiction in Canada for businesses to operate, with our world-class workforce and commitment to job creation. We are thrilled that Amazon has chosen to deepen their presence in Ontario and we look forward to seeing their growth here continue even further.”Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario
Job seekers can go to Amazon’s Canada career site to search for employment opportunities with the company, including at this new facility in Hamilton, Ontario.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.