Amazon announces its annual Holiday Peak Fulfillment Fee for Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), which is set to be in effect from October 15, 2023, until January 14, 2024.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
This fee, commonly used by other major shipping carriers, is designed to cover the increased operational expenses related to fulfillment and transportation during the busy holiday shopping period.
Amazon now calls it an annual fee, but this is only the second year the company has instituted the Holiday Peak Fulfillment Fee. Previously, Amazon did not raise its fulfillment costs during the holiday season.
In what may be slightly positive news, the company said the surcharge remains consistent with last year.
Furthermore, Amazon says when including this seasonal fee, the company’s average fulfillment charges continue to be extremely competitive, about 30% less expensive than other carriers.
The Holiday Peak Fulfillment Fee will be applicable to a range of logistics services, including U.S. FBA, Canada FBA, Remote Fulfillment with FBA, and Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF). Of note, there is a specific exemption for items falling under the category of U.S. FBA priced below $10.
To learn more about the Amazon holiday season surcharges, and how they impact shipping costs this year, please refer to the following links:
- U.S. Fulfillment by Amazon Fee Rates
- Canada Fulfillment by Amazon Fee Rates
- Remote Fulfillment with FBA Fee Rates
- Multi-Channel Fulfillment Rates: U.S. and Canada
Amazon is the first company out of the gate with its holiday season surcharges. We expect similar notices from UPS, FedEx, and USPS soon.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.