Amazon continues to invest in Nevada with eight new buildings across the state to support customer fulfillment and delivery operations.
The news follows Amazon’s announcement to hire more than 100,000 seasonal jobs in the US and Canada to help deliver orders to customers this holiday season, including over 1,000 across Nevada.
“This is welcome news for the entire state of Nevada. Amazon continues to make investments to support local communities and has become a lifeline for those in our state who have experienced job loss during the pandemic. We are grateful for Amazon’s decision to expand operations across Nevada, creating thousands of career opportunities for our citizens.”Steve Sisolak, Governor, State of Nevada
Amazon broke ground in October on an 855,000 square-foot fulfillment center in North Las Vegas, creating 1,500 new full-time jobs when it opens in 2021. The site will be the second fulfillment center in the state using Amazon Robotics to help associates pick, pack and ship smaller items to customers.
The new sites also include five delivery stations that power the last mile of Amazon’s order fulfillment process, creating hundreds of permanent full-time and part-time jobs.
This network of delivery stations will also offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to build their own small business delivering Amazon packages, and independent contractors the flexibility to be their own boss and create their own schedule delivering for Amazon Flex.
Amazon’s New Delivery Stations In Nevada Include
- Henderson – Delivery Station opening in 2021
- Las Vegas – Delivery Station opening in 2021
- North Las Vegas – Delivery Station opened in September 2020
- Reno – Delivery Station opened in October 2020
- Reno – “AMXL” Fulfillment Center / Delivery Station opening in 2021. This site supports the fulfillment and delivery of large products, from televisions to couches, powered by drivers employed by Amazon’s delivery service partners or national third party carriers.
Additionally, Amazon has hired hundreds of employees to support two additional facilities in North Las Vegas, including:
- Merch by Amazon – opened in September 2020. This service enables brands, independent artists, and small businesses to upload custom content printed on demand on apparel and electronics products when ordered by customers in Amazon’s stores.
- Print on Demand – opened in October 2020. This site supports authors and publishers with Print on Demand, a service through which books are made on-demand when Amazon customers place an order. Print on Demand gives customers more selection without publishers having the upfront cost of printing for inventory.
“Amazon is proud to continue investing in the state of Nevada, where we opened our first fulfillment center in Fernley more than 20 years ago. We’re excited to create more than 2,000 new full- and part-time jobs across the state with highly competitive pay, benefits from day one and training programs for in-demand jobs.”Alicia Boler Davis, Amazon’s Vice President of Global Customer Fulfillment
Amazon currently operates 11 sites in Nevada that support customer fulfillment and delivery operations, employing more than 10,500 full- and part-time employees across the state.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter Today
Stay in touch with the business insights for your online business
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.