Amazon plans to open a new fulfillment center in Amarillo, Texas. The new operations facility is expected to create over 500 new, full-time jobs with industry-leading pay and comprehensive benefits starting on day one.
“We look forward to becoming part of the fabric of the Amarillo community and are thrilled to be able to expand our operations in the Texas panhandle. We’re grateful for the support we’ve received from local and state leaders and look forward to creating over 500 new, full-time jobs for the local community.”Mark Marzano, Director of Operations at Amazon
In the new one million square-foot fulfillment center, which is expected to launch in early 2022, Amazon employees will work to pick, pack, and ship bulky or larger-sized customer items such as furniture, outdoor equipment, or rugs.
“Amazon is one of the more incredibly successful companies in U.S. history. This company will have a significant presence in Amarillo that will provide a boost to not only the Amarillo economy but the economy of the entire Texas Panhandle.”Amarillo Mayor Ginger Nelson
Amazon in Texas
- Since 2010, Amazon has created more than 70,000 jobs in Texas and invested more than $16.9 billion across the state, including infrastructure and compensation to its employees.
- Amazon’s investments have contributed more than $18.8 billion in GDP to the Texas economy and have helped create over 49,000 indirect jobs on top of Amazon’s direct hires – from jobs in construction and logistics to professional services.
- More than 116,000 independent authors and small and medium businesses in Texas are selling to customers in Amazon’s store, creating thousands of additional jobs across the state.
Recent Amazon Fulfillment Network Expansion
- Amazon to Open Eighth Fulfillment Center in Tennessee
- Amazon Plans New Facilities in Metro Detroit to Support Delivery Operations
- Amazon Air Expands Fleet With Purchase of 11 Boeing 767 Aircraft
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.