- Amazon Prime Day will be Monday July 15 & 16
- Celebrities will be part of Prime Day with exclusive deals
- Prime Day is a boom for small business selling on the Amazon marketplace platform
Amazon Prime Day details
Amazon has officially announced this year’s date for Amazon Prime Day, which will start midnight Pacific Time (PT) in the US on Monday, July 15 and – for the first time ever – run for 48 hours.
“Get ready, as we pull back the curtain to reveal exclusive products, special performances and two full days of phenomenal deals this Prime Day.”
Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer
The annual Prime Day sales event started in 2015 as a test but has been expanded every year to include more products and savings, including going longer in 2018 by being 36 hours.
For 2019, Amazon will again promote many of its own products at significant savings but also entice many third-party sellers to offer products at huge discounts.
Overall, the company expects to showcase over one million deals globally, including new featured Lightning Deals which the company says “will include jaw-dropping prices on top-tier brands.”
This year’s Prime Day sale is a global event and available to Prime members in the US, UK, Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia and – new this year – United Arab Emirates. (Start times may vary between different country marketplaces)
New for 2019, Amazon announced
- Boogie & Binge on Benefits: Enjoy Prime’s entertainment benefits, including Amazon Music, Prime Video and Twitch Prime – to name a few – and prepare for big surprises from some of the world’s top talent.
- Star-Studded Collaborations, Deals & Exclusive Launches: Stay tuned as Amazon will reveal collaborations with actors, musicians, athletes and top brands including new Prime Day Launches and, of course, exclusive deals.
- Get More with Alexa: Alexa wants to be your Prime Day companion, delivering entertainment, fun and some early access to deals. Just ask Alexa.
- Prime Keeps Getting Faster: Prime members expect the convenience of unlimited fast, free shipping to your door, your garage and even to your car and Prime just keeps getting faster as the membership program evolves to predominantly one-day delivery. Prime Free One-Day Delivery is now available to US Prime members with no minimum purchase amount on more than ten million products coast to coast.
Prime Day supports small and medium-sized businesses
This year, members can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from small and medium-sized businesses around the globe and, for the first time, members will be able to shop a dedicated page of Prime Day deals from US-based innovators, artisans, and entrepreneurs.
Prime members can support small and medium-sized businesses this Prime Day by shopping deals from Amazon Storefronts, Amazon Handmade, Amazon Launchpad and more.
READ MORE: Amazon Prime Day is coming! – Are you ready?
Have you prepared for Amazon Prime Day? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.