This year, Prime Day was once again the largest shopping event in Amazon history with over one million deals exclusively for Prime members.
Over the two days of Prime Day, on July 15 and 16, sales surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
Prime members purchased over 175 million items throughout the event. Prime Day was also the biggest event ever for Amazon devices, when comparing two-day periods.
Top-selling deals worldwide were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“We want to thank Prime members all around the world. Members purchased millions of Alexa-enabled devices, received tens of millions of dollars in savings by shopping from Whole Foods Market and bought more than $2 billion of products from independent small and medium-sized businesses.”
Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO
Global highlights from Prime Day 2019
- Prime members worldwide saved over one billion dollars throughout Prime Day.
- Millions of items shipped in one day or faster using Prime Free One-Day, Prime Free Same-Day, or Prime Now worldwide – making it the fastest Prime Day ever.
- Members in 18 countries shopped – double the number since the first Prime Day five years ago.
- Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 15 than any previous day, and almost as many on July 16 – making these the two biggest days ever for member sign-ups.
- Customers made their homes smarter by purchasing millions of smart home devices. Top-selling deals included iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum, MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301, and Amazon Smart Plug.
- Customers purchased 2x as many Ring and Blink devices this Prime Day as last year, when comparing two-day periods.
- Prime Day was the biggest event ever on Amazon for Alexa devices with screens, such as Echo Show and Echo Show 5.
- This was the best Prime Day ever for Fire tablets, with Fire 7 tablet as the top-seller. This was also the best Prime Day ever for Kindle devices.
- Customers purchased hundreds of thousands of Amazon kids’ devices this Prime Day, such as Echo Dot Kids Edition, Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet, and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet.
- Customers purchased 2x as many Fire TV Edition Smart TVs as last year’s record-setting Prime Day, when comparing two-day periods. Since launch, customers have purchased millions of Fire TV Edition Smart TVs.
- This Prime Day was the biggest sales event ever for eero on Amazon—customers purchased 6x as many devices as any previous sales event for eero.
US Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- A record number of Prime members shopped during Prime Day in the U.S.
- Prime members purchased over 100,000 lunchboxes, 100,000 laptops, 200,000 TVs, one million headphones, 350,000 luxury beauty products, 400,000 pet products, 650,000 household cleaning supplies, and more than one million toys.
- Prime members purchased over 200,000 LifeStraw Personal Water Filters and 150,000 Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips Kits.
- This year, Prime members in the U.S. received tens of millions in Prime Day savings when they shopped at Whole Foods Market. The best-selling Prime Day deals were organic strawberries, red cherries, and blueberries.
Spotlighting small and medium-sized businesses
Prime Day 2019 was another record-breaking success for independent third-party sellers—mostly small and medium-sized businesses.
These innovators, artisans, and entrepreneurs are an invaluable part of the Amazon family. Products from these unique businesses increase variety and contribute to the ever-expanding selection available to Prime members worldwide.
Globally, these businesses far exceeded $2 billion in sales this Prime Day, making it the biggest Amazon shopping event ever for third-party sellers when comparing two-day periods.