Amazon announced that this Thanksgiving holiday shopping weekend (Cyber Week) was its biggest ever, with customers across the globe purchasing hundreds of millions of products between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday.
“This was a record-breaking holiday shopping weekend for Amazon. Customers shopped millions of deals this weekend and we have many more amazing deals to come,” said Doug Herrington, CEO, Worldwide Amazon Stores.
“Thank you to our customers for choosing to shop on Amazon, and to our employees and selling partners around the world who are delivering for customers every day.”
Amazon Holiday Shopping Weekend Highlights – United States
- The best-selling categories were Home, Fashion, Toys, Beauty, and Amazon Devices.
- Customers supported small businesses this holiday shopping weekend, generating more than $1 billion in sales for small businesses in the U.S.
- The best-selling items on Amazon were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick, and Apple AirPods. Other top sellers included Hasbro Gaming CONNECT 4, Burt’s Bees Christmas Gifts, apparel from Champion, apparel and shoes from New Balance, the Amazon smart plug, Echo Show, and Nintendo Switch.
- Customers bought millions of Amazon Devices, including Echo, Ring, Blink, Kindle, and Fire TV products.
- Some of the top sellers from small businesses included games like What Do You Meme? Family Edition, Taco vs Burrito – The Strategic Family Friendly Card Game, and Kids Against Maturity: Card Game for Kids and Families.
Unlike other sales events like Prime Day, the company did not disclose sales data for the five days of Cyber Week, thereby making it a bit difficult to gauge sales growth in comparison to last year.
However, Adobe Analytics data published on Tuesday indicated that Cyber Week sales across all online retailers (not just Amazon) was up 4% year-over-year (YoY) in the United States.
Amazon will continue to offer deals throughout the holiday season and, like in past years, temporarily extend the time for customers to return products.
The standard returns window in the United States has been temporarily extended until January 31, 2023 for most items purchased from October 11, 2022 through December 25, 2022. This includes shipped by seller or fulfilled by Amazon items.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.