Amazon announced that it will require third-party marketplace sellers to add additional attributes in select categories starting June 6, 2023.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
Here are the new attributes and the product types that will be required:
- Color Name: backpack, underpants, bra, apron, keychain, costume outfit
- Size Name: leotard, scarf, sunglasses
- Product Description: light fixture, art supplies, hardware handle, kitchen, artificial plant, wireless accessory, home furniture and decor, office products
For the above product types, the new valid attribute information will be mandatory for all new listings to be added to the Amazon catalog.
Sellers who have active existing listings will not be required to add this information. However, not having this information could impact search results, and it’s advisable to add them when possible.
And for sellers with inactive listings, their listings will be treated as new listings and should be fixed before they are reactivated in the Manage Inventory section.
To troubleshoot listing errors, Amazon suggests going to Error code explanations.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.