Amazon sold millions of Echo and Amazon Fire devices over the Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday weekend. This strong showing will solidify Alexa as a premier voice shopping ecosystem in the future.
- Echo Dot and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were not only the best-selling Amazon devices, but they were the best-selling products from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon.com.
- Customers purchased 2.7x as many Fire TV Sticks as in the same period last year. Fire TV continues to be the #1 streaming media player family in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Japan, across all retailers.
- Kindle celebrated its 10th anniversary with the best holiday shopping weekend ever for Kindle Paperwhite in the U.S. and globally.
- Fire Kids Edition continues to be the #1 kids tablet in the U.S., across all retailers.
- Customer reaction to Echo Spot was incredibly positive and it is sold out for this holiday season; customers can still pre-order to reserve their place in line and orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis in the new year.
- Echo Dot was the best-selling device at Whole Foods Market over the holiday weekend.
Customers purchased millions of Amazon’s Alexa-enabled devices this weekend, and Alexa devices were the top sellers across all of Amazon. We’re excited that tens of millions of customers around the world will be using Alexa to prepare for the holidays.
Dave Limp, Senior Vice President, Amazon Devices & Services
What this Means for Small Business FBA eCommerce Sellers
Voice shopping is the new trend in eCommerce along with augmented reality and virtual reality offerings in early stages of testing.
All these technologies will rely heavily on data points which may include specifications, brand name, UPS/EAN codes, Mfg. SKUs, color, and many other item attributes.
Just our own search on eBay shows that many sellers are not using all the necessary attributes they could. As shopping with voice and images improves over the next couple years, it is vital that your listings are ready for that change in shopping behaviour.
You may be in the middle of your sales season for the holidays, but after this season is over, it is time to look at your structured data to make sure you take advantage of changing shopping trends and new technologies.
What have you done to improve your structured data? Drop us a line in the comments section below.
If you liked this article and would like to engage with other small business entrepreneurs selling on marketplaces, join our . You can also find us on , , , and or sign up for our newsletter below.
SIGN UP. BE INSPIRED. GROW YOUR BUSINESS.
We do not sell your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.