Amazon Trends Report Released Its Best Sellers for 2017
As the year ends in less than a month, Amazon has also released its trend report so that we can look back at some of the highlights of this year and learn more about what Amazon customers across the UK liked for 2017.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
Amazon Prime’s membership has been available in the UK for 10 years, giving its member access to unlimited one-day delivery, unlimited streaming of movies, TV episodes and
songs, and unlimited access to a wide array of books and magazines as well.
Now that the year is over, we can finally look at this year’s best sellers and see the trend for 2017.
National Trends 2017 Bestsellers
- Photographers are turning retro for 2017 with instant picture cameras, making the Instax Mini 9 reach top spot of the camera charts.
- Beauty lovers are going gaga over beauty products this year, especially with the cleansing and purifying charcoal masks.
- Brits have been making up their own meals at home throughout the year as personal blender sales is the highest this year.
- Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy ruled as the best-selling video game this year with FIFA 2018 coming close to second. The most popular gaming console is Nintendo Switch with took over Sony PlayStation 4’s rank at the top spot.
- The popularity of Play and Learn games has grown this year, with toys like Vtech Kidizoom Smart Watch and Osmo Genius Kit sees an increase in sale.
- The Vtech Kidizoom Smart Watch in particular has grown its sales exponentially year after year of at least 90 percent.
- Meanwhile, Amazon’s very own Alexa was the no.1 selling product on this year’s Black Friday globally, making it one of Amazon’s most sought-after product for 2017.
“Handmade at Amazon has been a great opportunity for us, as previously we only sold our products locally, but our designs are now being discovered by customers nationwide.” Mooboo Home.
According to Amazon, half of the sales on Amazon’s global marketplace are coming from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), making it the very backbone of the UK economy.
You can check out the full Amazon Trends PDF at this link here.
The company also recently launched AmazonSmile in the UK, enabling their customers to raise money for UK charities every time they shop at smile.amazon.co.uk.
What do you feel about this year’s trend report? Have you had a good Q4 on the Amazon marketplace? Share your comments down below.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.