BigCommerce Makes It Easier To Sell On Instagram
Online digital commerce platform BigCommerce announced the availability of checkout on Instagram for eligible US merchants.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
BigCommerce merchants can be among the first to adopt the new feature, which provides shoppers an intuitive, seamless and secure way to purchase products they discover on Instagram in a few clicks, without leaving the app.
Leveraging BigCommerce’s native integration with Facebook Commerce Manager, merchants can easily connect their ecommerce storefront’s catalog to Instagram and give customers the ability to buy from their favorite brands directly on Instagram—rather than navigating to a brand’s website to make a purchase—and pay using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.
After placing an order, customers can also use the Instagram app to view their order status, estimated delivery date and tracking number, as well as cancel orders, initiate returns or request additional support.
“Creating a streamlined checkout experience is paramount for merchants looking to social commerce to drive revenue growth. The rollout of checkout on Instagram is another significant step in Instagram’s evolution toward becoming an essential commerce channel for customer-focused brands,” said Brent Bellm, chief executive officer at BigCommerce.
Leveraging Social Media To Drive Traffic And Conversion
Experience-driven brands including Badgley Mischka, Spearmint Love and DressUp have already been testing the new checkout feature through BigCommerce, and today can showcase checkout-enabled products in their Instagram posts and stories while also benefiting from the ability to:
- Meet customers where they already are: Checkout on Instagram brings products closer to the over 130 million shoppers interacting with brands’ shoppable Instagram content each month.
- Create a simple and secure path to purchase: Merchants can provide a differentiated social commerce experience by making it easier, more convenient and safer for customers to shop their favorite brands on Instagram. Shoppers can also store payment credentials within the app to streamline future purchases and complete transactions even faster.
- Unlock creative tools to reach shoppers: Checkout enables creators to tag a brand’s products on their behalf, launch products directly on Instagram, and sell products in Instagram Live.
“BigCommerce provides businesses of all sizes the tools they need to serve their customers. That’s why we’re excited to work with BigCommerce to make the path to purchase as streamlined as possible with checkout on Instagram,” said Vishal Shah, vice president of product at Instagram.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.