BigCommerce announces a new integration with Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) that allows BigCommerce U.S. merchants to easily fulfill their ecommerce orders using Amazon’s order fulfillment services, regardless if they sell on Amazon or not.
“Adding Amazon MCF to our best-in-class tech partner portfolio brings tremendous value to our merchants by strengthening their omnichannel strategy to enhance their competitive edge and deliver a superior online shopping experience at every touchpoint. Convenience and fast shipping expectations have become the holy grail of the online shopper with demand forecasting becoming harder to control. Amazon MCF will help our merchants to better plan, purchase and fulfill in a much more efficient way than they’ve ever been able to do before.”Sharon Gee, general manager of Omnichannel, BigCommerce
World-Class Fulfillment For BigCommerce Merchants
With MCF, BigCommerce merchants have access to Amazon’s world-class fulfillment network, operational expertise, fast ship speeds and lower fulfillment costs with competitive rates and scalable capacity. Key benefits include:
- Fast shipping: Merchants can now fulfill orders seven days a week, including 1-day, 2-day and 3-5 business day delivery.
- Upfront delivery promises: To improve sales conversion, merchants can display delivery promises at checkout providing customers with insight into when they will receive their order.
- Competitive pricing: With MCF, merchants only pay for fulfillment and storage with no peak surcharges. Fulfillment fees are fully inclusive of pick, pack and ship.
- Simplified operations: Automatic inventory placement gives merchants the power to get products closer to customers and scale to meet seasonal spikes without increasing fixed costs.
- Customized shipping price rules: Merchants have full control over the cost of shipping for customers and can replace the Amazon rate with flat rate or free shipping options (e.g., Free shipping on orders over $49).
- Fully trackable orders: To keep customers informed at every stage of shipping, merchants can easily share shipment confirmation and tracking details for any carrier.
“We’re continually listening to merchants and working backwards from their needs to develop solutions that help them delight more customers. Merchants can simplify order fulfillment, reduce operational complexity, and offer customers faster delivery through Amazon MCF’s new easy-to-configure app that seamlessly integrates with their BigCommerce store. Amazon MCF strategically places merchant products close to customers to provide faster and more affordable delivery. And since Amazon picks, packs and ships orders seven days a week, merchants are able to focus their time on growing their businesses and delighting more customers.”Gopal Pillai, vice president of Amazon Fulfilment and Distribution Solutions
This latest big feature enhancement for BigCommerce since the company’s IPO in August 2020 and underscores the company’s vision of expanding its online commerce platform for small businesses as well as enterprise merchants.
BigCommerce merchants in the U.S. can get started with Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment today by signing up here.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter Today
Stay in touch with the latest business insights for your online business
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.