- eBay announces a competing sale to Amazon Prime Day dubbed Crash Sale, making a bit of fun at Amazon having some technical difficulties last year at the beginning of Prime Day.
- Sale will only be on one day, but eBay announced additional savings throughout July.
- Enlisted major brands to participate in eBay’s Crash Sale.
Detail about eBay Crash Sale
eBay announced that it will host a Crash Sale on July 15. If history repeats itself and Amazon crashes that day, eBay’s wave of can’t-miss deals on some of the season’s top items will excite customers around the world.
Rather than limiting the fun to just two days, eBay’s Crash Sale is part of a series of events kicking off on July 1.
For three full weeks, shoppers will find great deals on the things they actually want — from top electronics and home items, to the latest fashion, sporting goods, and more.
“eBay is primed to deliver exactly what shoppers want during this year’s crash (sale). July has become a massive shopping season, and our summer sales include blockbuster deals that will not disappoint.”
Jay Hanson, VP and COO, Americas
July full of sales
eBay’s July events give shoppers the opportunity to save all month long — not just a designated day — and offer summer discounts of up to 80 percent off from top brands like Adidas, Apple, Dyson, Garmin, and Samsung at eBay.com/deals.
The marketplace says shoppers always get free shipping on eBay deals with no membership fee required, ever.
Here are some of the featured events during July on eBay.com:
- The Crash Sale [July 15]: Crash the party with door buster savings on top brands, including LG, Apple, Samsung, KitchenAid, Garmin, and more over 50% off — with a fresh batch of too-good-to-be-true deals that will drop if Amazon crashes.
- July 4th Savings [July 1-7]: Seven days of savings on summer essentials, appliances, and more, including stand mixers, cookware, robotic vacuums, camping gear, outdoor toys, and more up to 85% off.
- Hot Deals for Hot Days [July 8-22]: Two weeks of new deals launching every day, offering a chance to save big on the hottest tech, smart home devices, home appliances, and more up to 80% off.
eBay will announce additional details about the Crash Sale and even more chances to save throughout the month of July.
Christmas in July events
eBay is not the only marketplace and retailer that is trying to compete against Amazon’s Prime Day sale as other major brands will hold sales during the same time period.
The marketplace is taking a direct dig at Amazon about its site problems last year during the start of Prime Day. While it may be a bit tongue in cheek, it also seems to be a bit like a “me too” promotion.
However, for sellers these “Christmas in July” sales evens are a good opportunity to liquidate excess and old inventory and raise cash to purchase inventory for the holiday season.
This competition between the two largest marketplaces in the US is good for sellers. Let’s see who can do better for small business retailers.
Will you participate in the Amazon Prime Day or eBay Crash Sale events? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.