eBay Motors Parts sellers, you are no longer the red-headed stepchild. The company announced they are now making available Promoted Listings in Motors Parts & Accessories, bringing a valuable promotional tool to this popular product segment.
Promoted Listings is an advertising product offered by eBay that enables eBay sellers to purchase banner advertising on the site. The company states it believes it can increase listing visibility by an average of 30 percent.
Promoted Listings Banners may show up in the following locations on eBay.
- First page of search results
- Related items module on your item page
- My eBay
- Browse pages
- and other select locations
In the original announcement for Promoted Listings, the company claims it has a technology to avoid competing products (same products) to be listed on search and item pages.
To get started with Promoted Listings, just follow these simple steps.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the fixed price, single-quantity or multi-quantity item or items you’d like more shoppers to see.
- Choose an ad rate. This is the percentage of the selling price you’ll pay when your item sells. You can use trending ad rates to help you make your selection.
- Choose the date you want your promoted listing to start.
Point 3 is key here. You only pay if a shopper purchases your item. So visibility is increased at no cost to you. Presumably, eBay does use some AI to bring up ads that the system believes have higher conversion ratios, but at least you are not paying for “visibility.”
The marketplace has a landing page that explains everything in more detail.
Many Motors Parts & Accessories do not get much of a holiday-sales boost, so this may be the perfect time to give this feature a try. When the end of January comes around, you know what to expect and how to best use it to maximize revenue during the busy season
We like to hear your thoughts about Promoted Listings. Drop us a line in the comments section below.