Although contactless payments have become increasingly popular, eBay Australia’s internal research has found that wallets remain a staple accessory for the majority of Australians, with 88% of those surveyed stating that they still carry a wallet.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
In addition, the study showed that 37% of Australians surveyed prefer luxury brands when shopping for wallets, and 58% of them would consider buying a pre-owned luxury wallet. Among those who would consider purchasing a pre-owned wallet, 51% cited affordability as the main reason for doing so.
eBay Australia is now offering its Authenticity Guarantee service to eligible luxury wallets priced over $350 from renowned designer brands such as Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Prada.
This expansion of its Authenticity Guarantee aims to provide wallet enthusiasts across the country with greater accessibility, trust, and sustainability when shopping for luxury wallets.
Actually, data from eBay Australia found Australians are willing to spend a significant amount of money on luxury wallets.
The most expensive wallet sold on ebay.com.au in 2022 was a Louis Vuitton Soft Trunk Wallet Clouds, which was sold for over $3,500. This exquisite item was designed by Virgil Abloh while he was leading Louis Vuitton’s menswear division.
Additional data from eBay.com.au also reveals:
- Louis Vuitton is searched on eBay every minute and Gucci is searched every two minutes.
- Some of the most watched wallets on eBay.com.au in 2022 and the first three months of 2023 include the Gucci Horsebit 1955 Card Case wallet, Louis Vuitton Mens Pocket Organiser and Saint Laurent Cassandre Matelasse Wallet.
- Across Australia, the most popular styles of wallets include the card wallet, coin wallet and envelope wallet.
eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee program will provide Australians with increased trust and transparency when purchasing eligible items.
These items will be identified with a blue tick on eBay and will be expertly verified at eBay’s Sydney authentication facility at no additional cost to the buyer or seller.
For shoppers throughout Australia, eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee represents an opportunity to challenge and transform the meaning of buying, selling, and enjoying fashion.
“Giving fashion lovers peace of mind is our top priority. By introducing Authenticity Guarantee for luxury wallets, we’re driving fashion forward and democratizing sustainable luxury for one and all,” said Brooke Eichhorn, eBay Australia’s Head of Fashion.
“With this expansion of our authentication service, customers shopping on eBay.com.au can make fashion go further by buying and selling pre-loved items with confidence – knowing that each item has been thoroughly inspected and verified by our team of experts,” added Eichhorn.
eBay Australia Expands Handbags Authenticity Guarantee to More Brands
eBay is also expanding the list of luxury brands eligible for its Authenticity Guarantee service for handbags, adding over 10 new brands to the existing list.
Dolce & Gabbana, Loewe, MCM, Mulberry, and Versace are among the new brands that will be added to the designer list eligible for eBay’s handbag and wallet Authenticity Guarantee service.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.