eBay Australia has made a change to its eBay Plus program that will now allow non–returnable products to be eligible for the coveted eBay Plus badge.
eBay Plus is eBay Australia’s $4.99 per month subscription program for buyers that offers premium benefits such as exclusive offers, free express delivery to metro areas, and free returns.
For Australian sellers, the eBay Plus badge can be a big advantage, as it signals to buyers that the seller is known for providing a great shopping experience, making it more likely the buyer will make the purchase.
All other criteria for eBay Plus remain the same, including:
- The seller’s performance level must be at least “Above Standard” and the seller must follow all selling policies.
- The item location and return address must be in Australia.
- The listing format must be a fixed listing with a price of $9.90 or more and it can’t be heavy or bulky.
- The seller must offer free shipping to most of Australia (some areas are exempt from this requirement) and the handling time cannot be longer than one business day.
- Sellers must offer express delivery to metro areas.
- And of course, the seller must provide valid tracking for at least 95% of eBay Plus orders to continue to be eligible for the program.
Additional eBay Plus requirements apply and sellers should review this information from eBay.
eBay Expanding Inventory Eligible for eBay Plus with Policy Change
By making more products eligible for eBay Plus, the company expects more items such as swimwear, perfumes, and dental care products to feature the eBay Plus badge.
A full list of eligible non-returnable products is available in this Excel spreadsheet from eBay’s website.
However, eBay also reminds sellers that buyers can still return a “non-returnable” product if they claim it didn’t match the listing under eBay’s Money Back Guarantee.
Also, Australian business sellers have to follow Australian Consumer Law on items offered on the marketplace, even if they are listed as non-returnable.
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.