eBay Australia Users Facing Login and Refund Problems
eBay Australia acknowledged that some users are facing difficulty logging into the platform, and some sellers are also experiencing issues refunding purchases to buyers.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
The company posted the following note Friday morning Australia time on its announcement board:
“We’ve heard that some sellers are facing issues when:
- Trying to process refunds on the eBay site: They’re seeing the error message saying ‘we couldn’t process your refund’.
- Trying to sign in to eBay: They’re being asked to sign-in multiple times.
Our teams are aware of these challenges and are actively working to solve them. We appreciate your patience and will post a further update on the community when we have it.“
One Australian seller posted in the community forum that eBay told them to try to refund tomorrow as there is currently no workaround to refund a buyer otherwise.
Getting Help From eBay Australia
eBay did not provide details on whether these two issues are somehow connected or what may have caused them.
Sellers unable to log into their account can try contacting eBay Australia on the “Get help with a hacked account” page.
At the bottom of that page, click the “Contact us” link that will pop up an option to communicate with eBay Australia that does not require signing into their account.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.
I too am having great difficulty using the new format to purchase on EBay. I have been a member for numerous years but I will not be using this method of shopping unless I get the help I request. My last item bought (a clock radio) is a complete waste of money cannot get the station I want. Need to buy an adapter to have it work away from my computer. As a Pensioner I cannot afford to waste my money. I have been unable to do a message to seller. Very Unhappy