eBay Australia Introduces Seller Protections For Severe Sydney Floods 2022
eBay Australia has announced that they have put in place seller protections for those eBay sellers currently affected by the extreme weather conditions affecting Sydney in July 2022. This isn’t the first time that eBay has put such protections in place as just a few months ago in May they had to put similar protections in place for floods that hit the Queensland region.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
You can see the full announcement from eBay Australia below:
eBay Australia Sydney Flood Update
“We know flooding and extreme weather conditions across Greater Sydney are causing road closures, impacting mail and parcels, and may interrupt your ability to run your business. We’re here to support you, so we’ve put seller protections in place.
These protections apply to parcels in and out of affected postcodes in Greater Sydney from the 4th of July 2022 until the flooding subsides. To be eligible, you need to upload valid tracking before the estimated delivery date. We will automatically remove:
- Your Late Shipment Rate defects, Seller Cancellation defects, and related Negative or Neutral Feedback received for transactions between the above dates
- Your Item Not Received (INR) count in Service Metrics, along with any related Negative or Neutral Feedback, will be removed automatically for transactions between the above dates
- INR defects (cases without seller resolution) in Seller Standards for affected areas
We’re also extending onsite Estimated Delivery Dates for the Greater Sydney area to manage buyer expectations and give you more time to fulfill your orders.
Affected postcodes: 2745-2770, 2778-2786, 2170, 2570, 2563, 2568, 2325, 2790, 2795, 2873, 7875
We’ll continue to monitor the situation and post any updates here on the community.”
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.