eBay Canada has added a new shipping badge to highlight items that offer fast, free, and tracked shipping. The new shipping badge will automatically appear on all eligible items on the item page, cart, and checkout on eBay.ca.
This badge highlights to buyers items with the best shipping experience, which should increase sales conversion for sellers as consumers today expect fast shipping.
For Canadian sellers to take advantage of the new shipping badge, listings must include the following:
- Offer free shipping.
- Offer same-day or 1-day handling.
- The item must arrive within four business days, including handling time.
- The order must ship with a tracked service, and sellers must add the tracking number to the order on eBay.
eBay Canada reassures sellers that if items don’t arrive on time due to a reasonable shipping issue, they’ll make it right.
eBay Canada Suggests Shipping Service to Qualify For Badge
The company suggests the following shipping services that offer guaranteed delivery of up to 3 days to all of Canada.
- UPS Expedited Canada: 1-2 business days
- UPS Express Canada: 1 business day
- UPS Express Saver Canada: 1-2 business days
- UPS Standard Canada: 1-3 business days
- FedEx 2 Day: 1-2 business days
- FedEx Economy: 1-3 business days
- FedEx Priority Overnight: 1 business day
However, sellers should be aware that FedEx will suspend its money-back service guarantee on the three FedEx Express services mentioned by eBay starting November 1, 2021, until January 16, 2022.
eBay did not address this policy change by FedEx and it’s unclear if that would qualify as “a reasonable shipping issue” if the order arrives late.
Canadian sellers can find more information about the new shipping badge here, and how to update their listings to show the badge.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.