eBay Canada announces seller protections in Canada due to severe flooding in Nova Scotia that led Canada Post to temporarily suspend service in the Province earlier this week. Deliveries to and from Nova Scotia are still impacted by the flooding.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
If your business is impacted, the company will automatically protect your seller performance due to these storms, including:
- Late shipment rate.
- Valid tracking upload rate.
- ‘Item not received’ cases due to late delivery as long as sellers have uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and have a physical scan from the carrier.
- Defects resulting from transactions you canceled.
eBay Canada will also remove any associated negative as well as neutral feedback, and these cases will not impact a seller’s service metrics rating for Item Not Received.
The company will continue to make necessary adjustments to delivery date estimates, so that buyers have accurate expectations.
Trust eBay Canada – But Verify
Whenever eBay offers these seller protections, we suggest sellers monitor all their performance metrics, even when the company says they will make automatic adjustments.
Adjustments can take a few days. Therefore, we advise sellers to check their account frequently and contact eBay Canada if there is a shipment that you believe should have been covered under this seller protection.
eBay does not typically announce an end to seller protections, and we recommend monitoring shipments for about two to three weeks.
Please check Canada Post’s Domestic Service Interruptions page for the latest information on operational disruptions these weather events are having on mail and package deliveries.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.