eBay Awards $500,000 to 2022 Class of Up & Running Grant Recipients
eBay announced the recipients of its third annual Up & Running Grant program, which was created in partnership with Hello Alice to support U.S. small businesses with the capital and resources they need to scale, grow and thrive online.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
The Up & Running Grant program annually awards 50 notable eBay sellers each with $10,000 plus customized mentorship, training, and tools. Drawn from nearly 15,000 submissions, this year’s winners represent 23 states and multiple categories, ranging from a bridal boutique in California to an auto parts shop in Ohio, and a sneakers store in Texas to a trading cards collector in Florida.
“Small business is the heartbeat of eBay, and we’re inspired every day by the millions of entrepreneurs whose passion, innovation, and ambition drive one of the most trusted and richly stocked marketplaces in the world,” said Adam Ireland, GM, and VP, eBay U.S.
“What we continue to hear from small business owners is that access to capital, to a community, and to business development resources are vital to their growth – and we will continue to invest in tools, advocacy, and programs like the Up & Running Grant to enable their success and unlock their potential.”
A survey of 2020-2021 grant recipients revealed that the program provided them with critical support, with 91% of businesses citing the Up & Running grant as “extremely or very” helpful to their business, and an overwhelming 94% confident that their doors would remain open thanks to eBay. Recipients span categories like fashion, handbags, electronics, comics, collectibles, sports equipment, motors, and more.
eBay’s Class of 2022 Up & Running Grant Winners
- Adina Ringler, Adina’s Bridal, Northridge, CA
- William Sellitto, AESellitto, Graniteville, SC
- Sylvestre Apolonio, Aiden Laptop, Fontana, CA
- Candice Busby, Hi Good Buy!, Hutchins, TX
- Kimberly Dawson, Beautiful Old Souls, Las Vegas, NV
- Christian Lewon, Bisbee Racing, Bisbee, AZ
- James Patrick, Business Bushido, Jacksonville, FL
- Michael Cheung, Kaylee*s Korner, Monterey Park, CA
- Clair Brockway, Clairs Wears, Arden, NC
- Michael Wagner, Comic-Con Collectibles, Denver, CO
- John Salcedo, Shop Azul, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Daisy Smith, DaisyLo, Fayetteville, GA
- Debra Wenzel, DDW Quilts, Casa Grande, AR
- Anthony Nguyen, Demin Rag, TX
- Dominic Moreno, DM Online Sales, Casa Grande, AZ
- Michelle Nguyen, Emmi’s Closet, Arlington, TX
- Sharon Knight, Everyday Vintage Boutique, Midlothian, VA
- Laura Buffardi, Figo Fashion, Palm Beach, FL
- Jaster Nyasulu, Fitness Braces, Redmond, WA
- Jaimie Finley, Pop-Blox, Jonesboro, AR
- Francisco Meneses Luna, Free One PDX Shop, Beaverton, OR
- Raquel Paula, Graced in Glory, Wilmington, DE
- Ruth Hensman, Hand Up Network, Tyler, TX
- Dawn Ambrose, Heated 4 U, Street, MD
- Heather Page, Heather Dawn 14, Plantsville, CT
- Kristen Carrillo, Hoarders Alley, Huntington Beach, CA
- Jonathan Proulx, We Can Sell That, Alpine, UT
- Annie Smidt, Pinpointed, Salem, MA
- Katelyn Pivot, Legacy Sales, Fredericksburg, VA
- Jamie Deruso, Mic 8086, Yucaipa, CA
- Dora Bobrosky, Make Time for Magic, Big Stone Gap, VA
- Jill Faxon, Miss Jill’s Closet, Palm Springs, CA
- Jeffery Abed, Multiverse Technologies, Oakton, VA
- Nickolai Bakken, Nickeleye Supply Solutions, Delano, MN
- Freddy Alvarez, PKWY Collection, Austin, TX
- Justin Okeke, PowrUp Gaming, Raleigh, NC
- Ashton Pepper, Purse-N-All Style, Tulsa, OK
- Ricardo Moreno, R&M Wholesale, Downey, CA
- Rachel Fournier, Racfour 14, San Antonio, TX
- Richard Brooks, Remember When Cards, Wimauma, FL
- Lauren Villareal, Round Two Avenue, Decatur, IL
- Dexter Bowling, Jr., ShoeBiz, Vienna, VA
- Simona Drentea, Simply The Best For You, Colorado Springs, CO
- Marisa Torres, Sportscar Salvage, Rootstown, OH
- Anthony Harnell, Sportsnatic, Oxnard, CA
- Martha Teissier-Lule, Teissier Vintage, Oxnard, CA
- Sarah McKibben, The McKibben Family, Orange Park, FL
- Kellie Ward, Tickled Lucky Ducky Resale, Oklahoma City, OK
- Miguel Sotero Gonzalez Velazquez, Wabbit76, Indio, CA
- Andrea Winchester, Winchester’s Works, Oakdale, CA
Through Hello Alice, all Up & Running grant recipients are enrolled in an online community of similar businesses for peer-to-peer mentoring, networking, and support for all stages of business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.