eBay Eliminates Sneaker Seller Fees for the First Time
eBay, the online marketplace offering the widest and most unique inventory of sneakers, launches zero selling fees for the first time for North America customers on any sneakers sold at $100 or more.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
Buyers win too; the marketplace announces a month of drops, celebrating the biggest designer collaborations, top brands, and rare grails of the year.
The drops signify the continued dominance of eBay in the sneaker resale game, with nearly six million total sneakers sold on eBay in 2019.
With almost 1.5 million live sneaker listings right now, the move is only expected to grow eBay’s amazing selection of new, rare, and emerging styles across every price and time zone.
“As the originator of the sneaker resale game, eBay continues to be a top source for emerging and collectible styles, and with high demand, we want our sellers and buyers to get in on the action. For our community of diehard sneakerheads, eliminating selling fees allows them to turn their kicks into more cash to fund future purchases, and results in a more robust sneaker inventory for shoppers everywhere.”
Jeff Chan, Head of Men’s Footwear and Apparel, eBay
Cop the Drops
eBay kicks off their ‘December Drops’ series to celebrate the most hyped sneakers and the biggest moments in sneaker culture this year.
Teaming up with top seller, Stadium Goods, shoppers can cop the Yeezy 700 in four different colorways, Nike X Sacai LD Waffle collection, Air Jordan X Travis Scott and more.
Check out what’s dropping this December below.
- Week of ‘Sneaks’: Four days of Yeezy, all under retail. eBay will drop a different colorway of the Yeezy 700 daily at 9am PT / 12pm ET on @eBay’s Instagram. To shop each release, check back daily and click the link in bio. Each pair will be at the below retail price of $215.
- 2019’s Best of the Best of 2019: eBay will round out 2019 celebrating the biggest releases in sneaker culture this year. Together with Stadium Goods, eBay is dropping eight of the hottest styles and collaborations of the year. The seven-day auction event begins at $0.99; and shoppers can bid starting on Thursday, Dec. 19 at 8pm PT / 11pm ET through Dec. 26 at eBay.com/sneakers.
Meet eBay’s 2019 Best of the Best
Air Jordan 1 x Off-White NRG “Off-White UNC”: Since its shock drop by Nike, the final colorway of the Jordan 1 Off-White continues to garner fanfare. It’s the easiest of the J1 colorways to cop, but prices have climbed faster than the previous two colors.
Available sizes | 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5
Air Jordan x Travis Scott: The biggest brand coupled with arguably the hottest artist in the game has yielded one of the best collabs of the year, maybe of the decade.
Available sizes | 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10
Air Force 1 MCA: Dropped exclusively at Virgil’s Pop-Up experience in Chicago, this sneaker was only available by geo-reservation. One of the most limited stocks from the entire Off-White Nike Jordan collection.
Available sizes | 9, 10, 11
Yeezy Boost 350 v2 Black Static Reflective: The most coveted colorway of any 350; reflective material and Yeezy Supply exclusivity make it unbeatable.
Available sizes | 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Yeezy 700 Magnet: Released exclusively on Yeezy Supply, this colorway has a similar feel to the highly coveted Wave Runners. Great consolation for those who missed out on the OG colorway.
Available sizes | 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13
Nike Off-White Dunk Low University Gold: Dunks are back in a big way in 2019, so it’s fitting that Virgil took this iconic silhouette and made it his own. One of three colorways to drop from this collection with hype continuing to build as the December drop day is around the corner.
Available sizes | 9
Nike x Sacai LD Waffle Collection: Arguably one of the most desirable drops of the year after a surprise launch in Paris.
- Nike x Sacai LD Waffle Green Gusto
Available sizes | 5.5 ,6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Nike x Sacai LD Waffle Varsity Blue
Available sizes | 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5
Zero Selling Fees
The heart and soul of eBay is the tens of millions of people that sell on the platform.
The unveil of the ‘December Drops’ series follows eBay’s sold out pre-release of the Air Jordan 11 “Bred” made possible by seller Chris Holbrook, also known as Sneaker Jesus.
In partnership with Chris, eBay shoppers copped the coveted release without the wait. The drop sold out in less than four minutes.
A self-professed sneakerhead since he was little, Chris has built a thriving online sneaker store.
In the past year, he has grown his business from $100K to $1.5M in sales on the marketplace.
Chris is one of millions of small businesses who partner with eBay to turn their passions into global sales.
Eliminating seller fees on sneakers sold at $100 or more, every collector – from the occasional seller to the full-time entrepreneur – is encouraged to take advantage of the hype and list what millions of buyers on eBay are searching for now.
How It Works
- Download the eBay mobile app.
- Click on Selling, then List an item.
- Start typing in the shoe brand and model. Prompts will help you complete a listing.
- Be sure to list in adult Athletics Shoes categories to qualify.
- When you finish, click on List an item to publish.
New “2019 Sneaker Resale Report” | Five Biggest Trends in 2019
To celebrate 2019, eBay tracked what’s on every sneakerhead’s wish list with its “2019 Sneaker Resale Report,” detailing the year’s top trends according to sales data.
The top five trends and styles include:
- Fan Favorite: Air Jordan 1
One of the world’s most popular sneakers, the Air Jordan 1 dominates, coming in as the #1 sneaker of 2018 and 2019.
- Breakout Collaboration: Nike x Sacai
One of the most buzzed-about styles of the year, the Nike x Sacai LD Waffle wins eBay’s breakout collaboration of 2019.
- Hottest New Release: Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Black
The adidas Yeezy Boost 350 v2 is the top Yeezy release of 2019 on the marketplace.
- 1985 Vintage Original OG Nike Air Jordan 1
One of the rarest and most coveted pairs sold this year from seller ShoeZeum, the 1985 Original OG Nike Air Jordan 1.
- Best Collaboration: SpongeBob SquarePants x Nike Kyrie 5 “SpongeBob”
Kyrie Irving’s 90’s TV-inspired sneakers was the most popular collaboration of 2019, beating the #2 collaboration from LeBron James by almost 34%.
- Top Brand: Nike
Sneaker shoppers’ loyalties are with Nike. The brand accounts for nearly 40% of total sneaker sales, coming in as the most sold brand on eBay.
Are you taking advantage of eBay’s December drops?
Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
READ MORE: eBay Launches eBay Motors App to Buy and Sell Vehicles
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.