eBay Partners with FedEx to Offer Sellers in Asia Pacific Region Full Spectrum of eCommerce Services
eBay sellers in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region can now sign up for a FedEx account and gain access to the full spectrum of FedEx eCommerce services.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
This partnership will help strengthen online merchants – especially small business owners – to service the booming eCommerce business in the region, driven by changing consumer behaviors toward shopping online due to the pandemic.
Through this collaboration, eBay sellers will be able to provide their customers with a more premium delivery experience powered by FedEx shipping solutions.
Key benefits under the current strategic program include:
- Competitive rates: eBay sellers will receive competitive discount rates on FedEx Express.
- Enhanced shipping capabilities: FedEx offers eBay sellers a wide range of services that are critical for cross-border eCommerce, including FedEx Electronic Trade Documents; FedEx Home Delivery, which now delivers seven days a week to many residential areas; a portfolio of flexible, simple returns options; and the FedEx Hold-at-Location which gives consumers a choice to have their packages delivered conveniently and safely to various grocery stores, pharmacies and FedEx Office locations.
- Direct contact with FedEx: eBay sellers will get their own FedEx account to use any shipping solution from the vast portfolio that FedEx provides. Additionally, eBay sellers can contact FedEx directly for pickups and billing questions, as well as order shipping forms or other delivery supplies, reroute packages and manage their My FedEx Rewards account.
“eCommerce has become the new growth engine behind the APAC economy. Logistics services providers like FedEx, therefore, play a critical role in helping eCommerce businesses deliver seamless customer experiences from online to the physical world.”Kawal Preet, president of Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) at FedEx Express
“We’re thrilled about this collaboration with eBay that enables easier access to more markets through our international logistics services.”
“By providing international shipping solutions at highly competitive rates, we are helping eBay sellers make the most out of our premium services and products as they continue expanding overseas,” added Preet.
“eBay has been driving retail export in the region and enabling our sellers to grow their business via our global marketplace,” said Vidmay Naini, Regional General Manager for India and Southeast Asia, eBay International Cross Border Trade.
“Shipping is a critical component of the cross-border eCommerce ecosystem. Teaming up with FedEx, one of the world’s most well-respected eCommerce transportation and logistics carriers, gives our sellers access to a unique set of capabilities and rates, which ultimately enables them to provide their global customers with retail-standard buyer experience,” added Naini.
eBay Partnership Strengthens FedEx Leading eCommerce Position in APAC
The collaboration reflects the latest effort in strengthening FedEx’s leadership in the eCommerce ecosystem through strategic partnerships with leading marketplaces and technology providers.
FedEx has been investing in the greater AMEA region, which includes the APAC region, with new routes and sorting centers, providing businesses in these markets with better direct access to customers around the world.
To date, FedEx has integrated with more than 17 marketplace providers allowing hundreds of thousands of online retailers across APAC direct access to FedEx services.
The benefits of this new partnership are available now for eBay sellers in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. Additional markets across the region will be added next year.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.