eBay Launches ‘Up & Running Grants’ for 2022 to Support Small Businesses
Today eBay announced the launch of its third annual Up & Running Grants program, created to encourage and support US small businesses with the resources they need to scale, grow and thrive online.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
Now open for nominations, eBay’s 2022 Up & Running Grants will award $10,000 grants each to 50 small business sellers in the US for business needs such as physical and digital store improvements, new equipment and inventory, technology, hiring, and training to support their success.
Recipients receive access to guided online learning content through the new eBay Academy and direct training and coaching from expert sellers and small business growth advocates.
“Small businesses are the backbone of eBay—bringing their rich and diverse inventory to create the world’s most vibrant marketplace.”Andrea Stairs, VP of Seller Community, eBay.
“The strength of our economy depends on small business owners, and our Up & Running Grants program is part of eBay’s ongoing commitment to empowering them. We continue to find new ways to invest in small businesses and make eBay their platform of choice, offering community, counsel, a support system, and funding,” added Stairs.
Nearly 92% of 2021 up & running grants recipients said that funds—as well as additional business development resources and mentorship opportunities—were necessary to keep their businesses up and running, particularly amidst pandemic-related challenges. Additionally, 90% labeled grants and resources as keeping them hopeful for the future of their business.
- “eBay has given me an opportunity, a platform, to show my passion and my strengths. I will use this grant to expand and grow my sneaker business, as well as my Sneakers for Education program that I created for kids in small communities. Being able to even apply for such a grant to help my business—and to continue to change the world through sneakers—makes me ecstatic!!” – Tamara Baker, Sneaker Solecial and 2021 Up & Running Grant recipient.
- “eBay’s Up & Running Grant helped my business plan for the future, allowing me to purchase more inventory and expand my sourcing opportunities. I have also been able to connect with vendors and businesses outside of my direct sphere — these relationships will undoubtedly lead to bigger business for me in the future.” – Yinka Ogunsunlade, Fashionably Legal and 2021 Up & Running Grant recipient.
- “eBay’s Up & Running Grant allowed us to secure more inventory as well as update and develop new products for future sales, and the learning resources are a must for any new sellers on the marketplace. This grant has made a huge difference in our business, and I am now more hopeful about the future of business.” – Trong Nguyen, Homebrewer Lab, and 2021 Up & Running Grant recipient.
2022 Up & Running Grants Seller Program
For the third year in a row, eBay is partnering with Hello Alice, a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow, to administer the grants program and provide access to mentorship and resources to all sellers who apply, whether they are ultimately chosen for a grant or not.
Through Hello Alice, applicants will be enrolled in an online community of similar businesses for peer-to-peer networking and will also have access to thousands of free tools and resources for business owners.
”We are thrilled to continue our partnership with eBay on their Up & Running Grants program to ensure that small business owners have the capital they need to succeed. This year, we look forward to supporting, even more, eBay Sellers as they grow on the marketplace and we commend eBay for their ongoing support of the small businesses on the platform.”Elizabeth Gore, Co-Founder and President, Hello Alice
Apply for the Up & Running Grants
Now through Friday, June 10, 2022, eBay small business sellers are encouraged to apply for Up & Running Grants via an online application. Business sellers will be asked to share details of their small business and how they plan to use the grant to accelerate their growth.
eBay is looking to identify sellers who represent a diverse range of backgrounds, bring their unique experiences and inventory to the marketplace, and are committed to their communities and the eBay ecosystem.
To apply or learn more about eligibility requirements, sellers can visit ebay.helloalice.com.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.