eBay announced today they will be offering help to sellers that are impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. This includes waiving store fees, providing shipping supplies, and services. Below is the full statement by eBay.
STATEMENT FROM EBAY
The recent storms, Harvey and Irma, have brought unprecedented devastation to the southeast U.S. eBay knows that many sellers have been impacted, and their hearts go out to you during this difficult time. Please take care of what’s most important right now, the safety of you and yours.
In addition to seller protection efforts already announced, eBay is implementing some measures to help sellers impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma:
- Waive store subscription and insertion fees. eBay will waive insertion fees and Store subscription fees for all store levels for three months for all sellers.
- Free Promoted Listings. Once your business is up and running again, they’d like to help you jump-start your cash flow with a $30 Promoted Listings credit for business sellers.
- Free Shipping supplies. To help get your shipping station restocked, eBay will send you a $30 coupon for eBay branded shipping supplies for business sellers.
eBay has set up a special email address, [email protected], and can help you with the offers above and the following:
- Vacation mode. If you have an eBay store, but no direct internet access, they can place your store on temporary vacation mode, along with a message to your buyers that you are away.
- Take down your listings. They can also take down any active listings on your behalf and place them in My eBay for relisting at a later time.
Important: Please email them from the email address associated with your eBay account so they can quickly confirm your identity. You need not use this email to receive these benefits; they are simply creating another channel for reaching the customer service team.
Additionally, eBay will email your buyers asking for their patience and letting them know that you may not be able to fulfill orders at this time. As soon as you are able, please communicate with your buyers on the status of their orders.
eBay takes seriously the commitment to their partners and wants to help impacted sellers get back on their feet as soon as possible. Please reach out to eBay at 1 (866) 540-3229 if you need customer service.