eBay Promoted Listings Advanced Beta Features Now Live For UK & Australian Business Sellers
eBay has today announced on their UK and Australian community pages that they have improved and updated the functionality for Promoted Listings Advanced Beta. Whilst many find it annoying that eBay is becoming much more of a ‘pay to play’ platform with sponsored posts taking over many search results. A lot of businesses are seeing success with their promoted listing campaigns.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
You can see the full list of updates for 2022 below.
New eBay Promoted Listings Advanced Beta Features
“We’ve been working on improving Promoted Listings Advanced BETA. In time for the new year, we’re excited to announce recently-launched features to help you increase efficiency and drive sales with Promoted Listings Advanced BETA.
Here’s what’s new with Promoted Listings Advanced BETA :
- Insights into monthly search volume of suggested keywords – You can now see how many times buyers have searched for suggested keywords in the last 30 days. This enhancement gives you more visibility into keyword competitiveness and volume of searches over time. This will help you make strategic decisions on which keywords to target and the value of each keyword to you.
- Ability to download campaign reports in bulk – You can now save time by using the Reports tab to download and schedule reports for your Promoted Listings Advanced BETA campaigns. The feature allows you to download reports at the account level and for multiple campaigns at once. These bulk reports are available for all of your Promoted Listings Advanced keyword, listing and search query report types.
- New negative keyword tab – When setting your keyword bids, negative keywords will now appear on a separate tab. As a reminder, negative keywords don’t require bids because they are terms that you’d like to prevent your ad from appearing for. This means that when a buyer searches for a term that you’ve added as a negative keyword, your Advanced ads will not be eligible for display.
- Negative keyword counts – You can now see how many negative keywords are in each of your ad groups on the campaign overview page. This additional information gives you an upfront view of your entire campaign, making it easier to ensure that it’s ready for launch.
- Expanded keyword view area – We’ve increased the view area of the ‘choose your keywords’ section to show a greater number of keywords at once. Scrolling to set your keyword bids is also now more automatic. These enhancements can help you save time evaluating keywords and setting competitive bids.
- Hide zero quantity or out of stock items – When creating an ad group, you’ll no longer be able to add listings that are out of stock.
- Listing count summary – You can now see how many listings match your filter selections when adding listings to your ad group. This additional information can help you narrow down your listings, making it easier to build an effective ad group.
- Filter listings by store category – You can now use your own category structure to find listings and create your campaigns. Grouping together similar listings will allow you to target them with the same set of keywords and bids.
More updates and enhancements are on their way, which you’ll start to see over the next couple of weeks and months.
Don’t forget, you can also access Ads Academy, our new self-paced, e-learning platform offering free, online education. To access Ads Academy, click on the link at the top right of the Promoted Listings Advanced BETA campaign management page.
Your feedback has been extremely valuable in making Promoted Listings Advanced BETA better for you. Keep the Promoted Listings Advanced BETA feedback coming here (For UK sellers) Australian Sellers use this link.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
Your eBay Team”
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.