eBay has launched new features for its Promoted Listings Advanced BETA cost-per-click (CPC) marketing product just in time for the busy holiday season.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
Promoted Listings Advanced was introduced earlier this year to complement the marketplace’s original Promoted Listings Standard solution and align eBay with many other eCommerce platforms that offer CPC-style marketing products.
CPC marketing is not for every seller because it’s easy to go over budget. Sellers that are new to CPC marketing should take a very cautious approach and experiment first with select items before heading into the deep pool.
Also, CPC marketing is often best for sellers that sell multiples of one product. In other words, sellers that usually list new or refurbished products and have many of the same items in stock.
Here’s What’s New with Promoted Listings Advanced BETA
- Monthly keyword search counts: Sellers can now see how often shoppers have searched Suggested keywords in the last 30 days. This new enhancement gives sellers increased visibility into keyword competitiveness and volume of searches over time. Also, it helps sellers make more informed and strategic decisions on which keywords to target and the value each keyword has on their business.
- The ability to download campaign reports in bulk: Sellers can now use the Reports tab to download and schedule reports for their Promoted Listings Advanced BETA campaigns. This new feature saves time by allowing sellers to download reports at the account level and for multiple campaigns at once. And it is available for all Promoted Listings Advanced BETA keyword, listing, campaign, and search query report types.
- A new negative keyword tab: When setting keyword bids, negative keywords will now appear on a separate tab. Negative keywords do not require bids since they are terms sellers wish to prevent their ads from appearing. Meaning, when a buyer searches for a term that was added as a negative keyword, these ads will not be eligible for display.
- Negative keyword counts: Sellers can now see how many negative keywords are in each ad group on the campaign overview page. This additional information gives sellers an upfront view of their entire campaign, making it easier to ensure it’s ready for launch.
- Expanded keyword view area: eBay has increased the view area of the “Choose your keywords” section to show a greater number of keywords at once, and made scrolling to set keyword bids more automatic. This enhancement can reduce time spent evaluating keywords and setting competitive bids.
- Hiding zero quantity or out-of-stock items: When creating an ad group, sellers can no longer add out-of-stock listings. This will help improve ad performance and the overall buyer experience.
- Listing count summary: Sellers can now see how many listings match filter selections when adding listings to ad groups. This additional information helps sellers narrow down their listings, making it easier to build an effective ad group.
- Filter listings by store category: Sellers can now filter listings by “eBay categories” and “store categories,” making it easier to build ad groups by common categories. Grouping together similar listings allows sellers to target them with the same set of keywords and bids.
More eBay Promoted Listings Advanced Features in Development
eBay is planning to release more updates and enhancements to Promoted Listings Advanced BETA over the next couple of weeks and months. The company has some educational resources that help sellers get up to speed on this new marketing product on its platform.
- Learn about keyword match types and how to navigate keyword and search query reports: Download the PDF
- Learn about keyword strategy: Read the blog
- Sellers can also access Ads Academy, eBay’s new self-paced, e-learning platform offering free, online ads product education for sellers. To access Ads Academy, click on the link at the top right of the Promoted Listings Advanced BETA campaign management page.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.