eBay promoted listings for UK sellers will now be eligible to be advertised on channels external to the eBay website. This means that at no extra cost your promoted listings have the ability to be featured on other external partner sites than eBay as well as feature on search engines like Google and Bing.
This is by no means mandatory and sellers will have the freedom to determine whether they want their promoted listings to display externally or not, but at no extra cost to the eBay seller. This seems like a no-brainer to us unless you are running your own ad campaigns for your own website, in which you could end up competing with yourself potentially.
The Full Update On eBay Promoted Listings
“One of the key ways we connect buyers to our site and your inventory is through our marketing investments. These help to ensure that eBay listings appear in external ads on partner sites and search platforms such as Google and Bing.
We’re happy to share that moving forward, eBay Promoted Listings will now be featured in these external ads. This will help to expand the reach of your Promoted Listings campaigns and provide additional listing visibility across the web.
Whilst we are excited to introduce external Promoted Listings, we remain committed to providing you with the opportunity to be included in eBay’s external advertising at no charge. You won’t be required to participate in external Promoted Listings in order to be eligible to appear in eBay advertisements on search platforms or partner sites.
What you need to know:
- External eBay Promoted Listings come at no additional cost to you. The Promoted Listings ad rate works the same on and off eBay. If a buyer clicks on a promoted listing and purchases that item within 30 days of that click, the seller only pays the ad rate determined at the time of the click.
- We’ve updated our downloadable campaign reports to show the impact of external Promoted Listings. Metrics include:
- Promoted Listings clicks (via external placements)
- Promoted Listings conversion rate (via external placements)
- Promoted Listings sales (via external placements)
- Ad fees (via external placements).
- Sellers who use eBay Promoted Listings will automatically be eligible to have listings featured in external Promoted Listings. Sellers who use Promoted Listings won’t need to take any additional action.
- It isn’t mandatory to participate in external Promoted Listings. You can easily opt out. Sellers who do not participate will continue to be eligible to appear in eBay’s external advertising.
For more detailed information, you can visit Help Hub.”
If you liked this article and would like to engage with other small business entrepreneurs selling on marketplaces, join our . You can also find us on , , , and or sign up for our newsletter below.
SIGN UP. BE INSPIRED. GROW YOUR BUSINESS.
We do not sell your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.