eBay announced they are running a limited time promotion for U.S. sellers to offer customers a chance to save when they buy more than one of the same item by offering volume pricing.
Sellers must activate the offer on new or existing listings for qualifying items (see terms below) by going to the Seller Hub under the Promotions tab.
eBay will give sellers a 50% refund on their final value fees on any item(s) beyond the first item sold before November 21, 2018.
Complete Terms of This Promotion
What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then either update existing listings for Qualifying Items or create new listings for Qualifying Items in the fixed price, auction-style, or auction-style with Buy It Now format during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will receive a 50% refund on final value fees (“Promotional Rate”) on any item(s) beyond the first item sold as part of a multi-quantity volume pricing discount.
For example, if a listing is created with a volume pricing discount and a set of two is sold, the regularly applicable final value fee will apply to the first item sold in the set, and a 50% refund will apply to the second item sold in the set. Similarly if a set of three is sold the regularly applicable final value fee will apply to the first item and a 50% refund will be applied to the second and third item sold.
The Promotion does not apply to insertion fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Discounted final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item and shipping charges, excluding any sales tax. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. View the everyday rate plan for full details.
*Qualifying Items are limited to the following conditions:
- Item(s) must be listed with a volume pricing discount and sold in a set greater than 1.
This Promotion is available to Sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; and (ii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.
When is it?
This Promotion will begin on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second), and will end on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com (the “Promotion Period”).
How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion for multi-quantity sales with Volume Pricing enabled on listings created on the US site at www.ebay.com through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Please note that the promotional refund will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the refund will be reflected as a credit within 30 days of the transaction.
Restrictions & Exclusions.
- This Promotion only applies to the required conditions identified above.
- All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
- The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, Coins & Paper Money, and Commercial Printing Presses.
- The Promotion excludes listings with a start date after the Promotion Period.
- The Promotion excludes quantity tranches volume discounts.
- This Promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com.
- Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.
What do you think about this new promotion? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.