eBay’s Retail Revival, the company’s program to help local retailers move online and boost sales, is coming for the first time to a city outside the U.S.
After a nationwide search in the UK, eBay selected Wolverhampton its first Retail Revival city based on the strength and diversity of its local retail community and the City of Wolverhampton’s support for small businesses.
Wolverhampton follows pilot city Akron, OH and recently announced second Retail Revival city Lansing, Michigan to become part of eBay’s grow local small business initiative.
As an example of the success of the program, eBay says businesses in Akron, OH have sold over 6,000 items to shoppers in over 50 countries since the program started in March 2018.
Benefits of Retail Revival
The 12-month Retail Revival program includes these benefits for local businesses:
- Onboarding Support: eBay will help Retail Revival participants get started on eBay, including setting up their accounts and stores.
- Training Training & Education: Retail Revival sellers will take part in a comprehensive training program that covers eBay selling basics and strategies for getting the most out of eBay’s platform and tools for boosting sales.
- Ongoing Support: Retail Revival sellers have access to a dedicated customer service team that will provide strategic guidance and troubleshooting support to enable their growth on eBay.
- Store Subscription: Retail Revival sellers receive a complimentary one-year store subscription, which offers free listings, shipping supplies and other valuable perks.
- Marketing Marketing & PR: eBay will highlight and help drive traffic to participating sellers’ eBay stores through a dedicated landing page on eBay.co.uk. eBay will also feature select Retail Revival sellers across its online and social media channels and in opportunities with local, regional and national press outlets.
Free Program – Only Requires Investment in Time
eBay provides this program for free and only asks that interested parties spare away a little time.
History has shown the most active, creative, and committed sellers gain the most out of this program.
- Attend the full-day kick-off event on November 2nd.
- Consistently participate in 1:1 coaching calls, webinars and other introductory training activities for the first 2-3 months of the program.
- Take part in supplementary trainings and events beyond introductory period (usually monthly).
- Provide program feedback via regular surveys.
- Dedicate at least 10 hours/week, on average, to maintaining, promoting and growing their eBay business (learning, listing inventory, fulfilling orders, managing customer inquiries, etc.) for the duration of the program. This can be done by the business owner directly or via a dedicated staff member.
For Wolverhampton small business owners that want to learn more about eBay Retail Revival or are ready to join the free program, just follow this link.
Are you a seller that has participated in this program? We would love to hear from you.
Please use the comments section below to share your views on eBay Retail Revival. Or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.