In a 2019 announcement, eBay decided to “improve“ the buying experience by removing some shipping options it thought were not the most cost effective for buyers. Now eBay has reversed this decision.
“We heard that the hidden shipping options created challenges for some sellers, including buyers not seeing the shipping service they wanted and concerns buyers were not purchasing their items because all options were not shown.”
“We listened to your feedback and we’re again showing all shipping services you offer in your listings. Now buyers can select their preferred carriers, shipping costs, and estimated delivery dates from the options in your listings. We expect the expanded shipping options will create greater efficiencies for sellers and improve the buyer experience.”
Sellers won’t have to do anything for this change to take effect on their listings. However, sellers may wish to review what impact this change has on the shipping options offered to buyers by reviewing impacted listings.
Other eBay Shipping Updates
While many sellers look toward the bi-annual seller updates for major changes to the platform, eBay has mostly updated shipping services and policies in smaller doses. Here is a list of the significant changes that have occurred over the last few months.
- eBay Collaborates With UPS To Offer New Shipping Options
- eBay Introduces QR Codes For Its Shipping Labels
- eBay Sellers Who Ship On Weekends Can Now Show Faster Shipping Speed To Buyers
- New eBay Shipping Service Offers Sellers To Ship Trading Cards For Under $1 With Tracking
- eBay Phasing Out Problematic USPS Parcel Select Service
- eBay Replaces Fast ‘N Free Badge With Message Showing Shipping Time
- UPS Rate Adjustments Coming April 11, 2021 for eBay Labels Users
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.