eBay has announced a range of protections for sellers’ accounts that are currently being affected by Hurricane Ida. In instances of natural disasters where survival is the highest priority, seller metrics really get pushed down the priority list. In order to protect sellers’ accounts, eBay has introduced measures to ensure that any sellers affected will not be penalized due to the ongoing emergency.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
This isn’t the first time eBay has taken such actions. Back in 2018, they introduced similar measures to protect sellers that were impacted by Hurricane Michael.
You can see the full update from eBay below, and we would also like to add that our thoughts are with all those currently affected by Hurricane Ida.
“Hurricane Ida is disrupting transportation lines across parts of the US Southeast region. We are closely monitoring the situation.
If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in affected areas, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.
As a seller, you do not need to worry about your seller performance. If your business is impacted, eBay will automatically protect your seller performance, including:
- Your late shipment rate
- Your valid tracking upload rate
- “Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as you uploaded tracking and have a physical scan from the carrier before a case was opened
We will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback and these cases will not impact your service metrics rating. You do not need to contact Customer Service at this time.
Please stay safe.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
The eBay Team“
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.