eBay has announced that they have put in place its well-known eBay seller protections for those sellers across the South East who have been impacted by recent flooding. Over the past few weeks, extreme weather has plagued much of the US in one way or another.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
Whether it be the extreme heat that has caused numerous hospitalizations for delivery drivers across the country, or the extreme rainfall which has led to USPS facilities being forced to close.
Due to the latter, eBay has now released a statement informing sellers of the flood-affected regions, that they will not be penalized in their seller metrics due to circumstances outside of their control. To read more about the eBay seller protections you can see the full announcement below:
eBay Seller Protections Announcement
“We are so sorry for those who are facing severe weather and storms due to flooding in the Southeastern US.
As a seller, you may be concerned about shipping delays for items already shipped or difficulties getting sold items to your carrier. We are closely monitoring the situation and providing you with additional support and protections during this challenging time. Please stay safe and take care of yourself, your family, and your community.
If you’re located in the impacted areas and are not able to ship your inventory, if you are able to, we recommend you:
- Communicate with your buyers to advise them of the situation
- Extend your handling time on your listings if you expect delays
If your business is impacted, eBay will automatically protect your seller performance, including:
- Your late shipment rate
- Your valid tracking upload rate
- “Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as you uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and have a physical scan from the carrier
- Defects resulting from transactions you canceled
We will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback and these cases will not impact your service metrics rating.
Please note: You may see late shipments due to this weather event on your seller dashboard, but they will be removed before your next seller performance evaluation. You do not need to contact Customer Service at this time.
Our hearts go out to everyone in these areas, please stay safe and take care. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update if needed.
The eBay Shipping Team “
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.