eBay announced today they have put in place performance protections for sellers whose shipments are stuck or delivered late due to Winter Storm Elliot impacting several regions of the country.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
For sellers, whose business is impacted by the winter storm, eBay will automatically protect their seller performance rating, including:
- Late shipment rate
- Valid tracking upload rate
- “Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as the seller uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and the shipment has a physical scan from the carrier
- Defects resulting from transactions sellers had to cancel
eBay said it will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback sellers may receive due to this situation and these cases will not impact their service metrics rating.
The company will continue monitoring the weather across the country and will make necessary adjustments to delivery date estimates so that your buyers have accurate expectations.
This storm is expected to move from the upper midwest to the east coast this week, potentially affecting more cities and states.
Trust eBay – But Verify
Whenever eBay offers these seller protections, we still recommend that sellers still monitor all their performance metrics, even when eBay says they will make automatic adjustments.
Adjustments can take a few days, so, sellers should check frequently and contact eBay if there is a shipment that should have been covered under this seller protection.
Please check our USPS domestic disruptions page for the latest information on operational suspensions and disruptions this winter storm is having on mail and package deliveries.
UPS and FedEx also maintain service alert pages here at these links:
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.