Just one day after eBay announced their Q4 results for 2021 which didn’t make for great reading, eBay UK has announced a number of changes coming into play regarding the view item page. eBay UK states that these changes that they are introducing will help sellers grow their brand and overall seller presence by driving more traffic and engagement to their eBay shop (eBay store).
The Full eBay UK Announcement
“Dear eBay Seller,
Your Shop is your brand’s home on eBay. It’s a tool to build your brand, engage with buyers and grow your business. As part of a longer-term plan to improve seller presence, we’ve made some changes to the View Item page that we think will help buyers find your Shop and make it easier for you to engage with them.
- Removal of the listing frame from the View Item page on desktop – our data shows there is limited interaction from buyers with it.
- Launch of a new and improved experience on the View Item page to help improve your seller presence and increase buyer engagement.
Improving seller presence
By reinforcing your presence on the View Item page, you can build trust with your buyers and get them excited about your business and encourage them into your Shop to make a purchase.
More prominent branding
- You’ll see an additional instance of seller name and feedback at the top of the page next to the listing headline. This is currently live on mobile web in our large markets, and we will continue to expand this to other platforms and countries in the next few months.
- The seller information card has moved higher up the page so buyers can quickly identify you and your Shop. This has been done on mobile web, iOS and Android. On desktop, the seller information card is already prominently displayed at the top of the page.
- Your Shop logo will show up in the shops category module (see next section).
- As well as these changes, you’ll also see entry points to your Shop in search autocomplete when a buyer types in your Shop name.
Shop category module
In March we’ll be adding a module that shows up to 12 categories of your Shop and a ‘See all’ button for buyers to explore all your categories. This module will be displayed automatically based on your Shopfront display preferences. To begin with, you’ll find this module on desktop and over time we’ll expand this feature to all platforms
Newsletter & buyer groups
In March, we’ll also be introducing buyer groups for your Shops newsletter. To begin with, these groups will be based on simple factors such as ‘past purchases’, and we’ll then expand the capabilities over time. With your mobile-friendly newsletter templates, these groups should help you increase your reach and help convert more sales.
With the old listing frame, the newsletter opt-in only existed on desktop, was positioned low on the page, and there was no buyer groups functionality that led to limited reach. Learn more about eBay Shop newsletters.
Thank you for selling with eBay.
Your eBay Team“
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.