Etsy Joins American Express for Second Year to Celebrate Small Business Saturday on November 24
Are you ready to shop, eat and celebrate with the small businesses in your neighborhood this holiday season?
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
American Express revealed its lineup of community programs for the ninth annual Small Business Saturday, taking place nationwide on November 24.
Small Business Saturday, founded by American Express in 2010, is held each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to encourage people to shop at independently owned businesses online and at storefronts across the country.
“When you Shop Small, you are backing the small businesses that strengthen and diversify our communities. We’re extremely proud of how Small Business Saturday has grown over the past nine years.”
Elizabeth Rutledge, Chief Marketing Officer at American Express
Etsy Part of Small Business Saturday for Second Year in a Row
American Express and Etsy have teamed up for the second year in a row to celebrate online small business owners from coast to coast.
On Small Business Saturday, Etsy sellers will host pop-up markets in San Francisco, Austin, D.C., and Boston, as destinations to shop locally crafted, one-of-a-kind items this holiday season.
Austin: Shop Small x Pop Shop Austin
- When: Saturday, November 24, 10am – 6pm
- Where: Springdale Station, 979 Springdale, Austin, TX 78702
Boston: Shop Small x Etsy Makers at Bow Market
- When: Saturday, November 24, 9am – 8pm
- Where: Bow Market, 1 Bow Market Way, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
Washington, D.C.: Shop Small x District Rebel
- When: Saturday, November 24, 11am – 5pm
- Where: Union Market DC, 1309 5th St NE, Washington, District of Columbia 20002
San Francisco: Shop Small x SF Etsy Indie Holiday Emporium
- When: Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November, 11am – 5pm
- Where: Pier 35 (The Historic SF Cruise Terminal) 1454 The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94124
The participating Etsy Small Business Saturday locations are part of Etsy Local events which are held around the country throughout the year.
For a list of Etsy Local events, follow this link.
READ MORE: Etsy Releases Marketplace Insights to 2018 Holiday Trends
If you are in one of the participating cities, do you plan to attend the Etsy and American Express Small Business Saturday event? Let us know in the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.