Etsy lowered prices on select USPS Priority Mail shipments on Friday, December 9, the company confirmed in a community notice.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
On Friday, we reported that eBay dropped their pricing on some USPS Priority Mail shipping rates on that day with immediate effect.
A quick comparison suggests the price adjustments appear to be the same — even so, the announcements by the two marketplaces suggest different zones and weight ranges for the additional discounts.
Both reductions are likely due to a new rate contract the US Postal Service entered with Pitney Bowes which powers both shipping platforms.
“Now when you purchase USPS Priority Mail labels on Etsy, you’ll save on average 5% off Etsy’s already discounted rates.* That’s up to $1.02 off — so you can put that money right back in your business,” the announcement said.
*Based on a 2-pound, zone 6 Priority Mail shipment only.
Etsy further explained that new lower prices apply to the following services shipping packages to zones 1 – 6 with weights between 1 to 10 lbs:
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate
- USPS Priority Mail Regional Rate
You can check current Etsy shipping rates with their shipping calculator tool.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.