Etsy To Invest $50 Million In Customer Support Following Online Petition
Etsy has announced that they are committed to investing over $50 Million in their customer support for the Etsy marketplace over the coming year. In a blog post posted on their website written by Brendan Mulryan who is the Vice President of Global Member Services, he outlines exactly what they aim to do with the $50 Million.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
I’m proud to share that we’re investing over $50 million to provide and improve customer support for the Etsy marketplace in the coming year. This will enable us to grow the size of our support team by more than 20% while investing in critical tools and resources to empower our community. When an issue arises, or a user has a question, we want to ensure they get support quickly and easily.Brendan Mulryan, Vice President of Global Member Services, Etsy
Did Etsy Sellers Force The Investment?
One question exists around what has led to this investment commitment from Etsy. One theory comes back to a petition that was started on change.org by a seller called Asia Stuart. In the petition, she listed four key areas that she was calling for Etsy to change. The four things included:
“1. Multiple ways to contact support including Phone Support, Email Support, and Chat Support
2. Communication response to support requests timelines to be accurate. Currently, the Etsy support site says 1-2 business days for a reply. Provide an accurate time frame for request responses so sellers aren’t kept in the dark.
3. A Seller Support Department that provides Seller Advocates to help navigate major issues that may come up. A direct line for Sellers to call for assistance.
4. Quicker communication to sellers in regards to held funds, suspensions, and other issues. Additionally, having more customized information in a seller’s account in regards to the status of the seller’s shop.”
At the time of writing the petition currently has 22,405 signatures which could have been enough to get the attention of Etsy to spur a change.
The blog post published a holistic approach to addressing their customer service problems that you can see in the blog post linked above. The way that they address the various ways of communication combined with utilizing technology and the help center to make things better.
Ultimately this is great news for Etsy sellers and could show that the marketplace is paying attention to what their sellers are saying and do genuinely care enough to invest significant cash to address problems as they arrive.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.
I lost my entire purchase list! I am crazed by it. Help?