FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Freight will all increase shipping rates on January 3, 2022.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
- FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9% for US domestic, US export, and US import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates will also increase by an average of 5.9%. FedEx Ground Economy shipping rates will also increase.
- FedEx Freight shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9% for customers who use FXF PZONE and FXF EZONE, and by 7.9% for customers who use FXF 1000 and 501.
This change applies to shipments within the US (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands) and between the contiguous US and Canada. FedEx Freight shipping rates will also increase for shipments within Canada, within Mexico, and between the contiguous US and Mexico.
The FedEx Rate Changes
The following FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Ground Economy, and FedEx Freight surcharge changes will also take effect in the coming months:
- Effective November 1, 2021, a fuel surcharge increase will be applied to FedEx Express (US domestic package and freight services), FedEx Ground, and FedEx Freight shipments.
- Effective January 17, 2022, FedEx Freight will introduce a No Shipment Tendered surcharge that applies when a pickup is performed and no shipment is tendered to the carrier.
- Effective January 17, 2022, the International Out-of-Delivery-Area Surcharge and International Out-of-Pickup-Area Surcharge rates will be determined based on the corresponding tier of the ZIP code, postal code, or city of the shipment’s origin and/or destination location for International Express Freight and Parcel services.
- Effective January 17, 2022, a Delivery and Returns Surcharge will be assessed on packages that are delivered or returned using FedEx Ground Economy services.
- Effective January 24, 2022, Additional Handling Surcharge and Oversize Surcharge rates for US Express Package Services and US Ground Services will be determined based on the shipment’s zone.
These changes reflect incremental costs associated with the challenging operating environment while enabling FedEx to continue investing in service enhancement, fleet maintenance, technology innovations, and other areas to serve customers more effectively and efficiently.
FedEx to Launch New International Service Option
Beginning January 3, 2022, FedEx will offer customers who ship internationally an additional option for time-definite deliveries in one to three business days.
With the new FedEx International Priority Express service, customers will be able to schedule delivery by noon to select destinations.
Early morning delivery will continue to be available through the FedEx International First service and end-of-day delivery to more than 220 countries will continue to be offered through the FedEx International Priority service.
Also, as these new rates will go into effect in early 2022, this is a reminder that most peak season surcharges will stay in place until January 16, 2022.
Details of all changes to rates, surcharges, and fees can be found on the FedEx website.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.