Jungle Scout Reports 67% of Consumers Will Spend under $500 on The Holidays This Year
Today, Jungle Scout, the leading all-in-one platform for eCommerce sellers, released its Q4 2022 Consumer Trends Report, a survey of more than 1,000 U.S. consumers on spending and behavior during the 2022 holiday season. The report examines how shoppers navigate the current economic climate and finds that consumers are expected to spend nearly 40% less on holiday-related expenses this year compared to the 10-year national average.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
Insights From The Jungle Scout Consumer Trends Report Q4 2022
Consumers are tightening their wallets ahead of the holiday season.
- 33% of consumers are reducing holiday expenses, and the top ways they plan to cut back include spending less on gifts and decorations.
- More than half (58%) of consumers are searching for deals and discounts when holiday shopping.
Holiday shopping is increasingly influenced by digital media and technology.
- 20% of U.S. consumers get holiday gift ideas from social media, with Facebook leading as a source of inspiration, followed by Instagram and TikTok.
- Virtual gifts like streaming and music subscriptions are among the most popular gifts of 2022.
Fiscally responsible self-indulgence will be a top priority for consumers in 2023.
- 54% of consumers are making travel plans for 2023 — up 16% from last year.
- While re-evaluating finances is a priority for 79% of consumers, some say things like dining out, getting manicures, and smoking or vaping remain non-negotiable expenses in 2023.
“Consumer expectations and priorities will shift in 2023, as inflation continues to impact spending,” says Michael Scheschuk, President of Small & Medium Business at Jungle Scout.
“As eCommerce advances, consumers will seek personalization at every stage of the customer journey. Brands should diversify sales channels and consider expanding into social commerce through popular platforms like TikTok, allowing them to engage with new audiences in more authentic and memorable ways.”
See Jungle Scout’s full report for more details and methodology.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.