As the crisis in Ukraine deepens, there is an ever-growing need to help people in the region access critical humanitarian funds. PayPal is rolling out an expansion of its services available in Ukraine to provide its customers with ways to send money quickly and securely to friends, family, and loved ones.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
PayPal Services Now Available to Help Ukrainian Customers with Humanitarian Assistance
Friends & Family P2P Payments: New and existing Ukrainian PayPal account holders will be able to send and receive peer-to-peer (P2P) payments from friends and family and to transfer funds from their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet to an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card.
Transfer Funds from PayPal Wallet: Ukrainian customers who receive money from friends and family in their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet will be able to transfer these funds to their bank account by linking an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit card, or to an eligible Mastercard or Visa credit card.
Waiving of PayPal’s Fees: In an effort to provide customers access to critical funds, PayPal will be temporarily waiving its own fees for customers sending funds to Ukrainian PayPal accounts or receiving funds into Ukrainian PayPal accounts. Xoom, PayPal’s international remittance service, is also waiving transaction fees for payments sent to recipients in Ukraine. Fees charged by a customer’s card issuer or bank may still apply.
New Ukrainian Customers Can Follow These Steps to Create a PayPal Account:
- Go to PayPal.com/ua/home from a mobile web browser or on desktop.
- Click ‘Sign Up’ in the top right-hand corner.
- Add mobile number and verify the number.
- Ukrainian customers should select “Ukraine” when asked the question “Where do you live?”
- Next, enter information including name, email, address, date of birth, and nationality, and provide an ID number and type (passport or national ID).
- Once the account is set up and verified, customers can choose to link an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card to send and transfer funds.
Expansion of these services to PayPal’s customers will begin to be made available today. Ukrainian customers will be able to send and receive funds from their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet in USD, CAD, GBP and EUR.
Once a customer transfers their funds from their PayPal Wallet to an eligible debit or credit card, the money will be available in the currency associated with that card. Exchange rates and fees charged by a customer’s card issuer or bank account may still apply.
PayPal will provide these new services and fee waivers to its customers through June 30, 2022.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.