Social commerce platform Poshmark launches Posh Stories, a new feature allowing users to create and share short, shoppable videos and photos to bring their Poshmark listings to life.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
For Poshmark’s eight million sellers or “Seller Stylists,” as the platform calls them, Posh Stories is a powerful new way to reach shoppers, merchandise inventory and elevate their brand.
For Poshmark’s wider community of 60 million users, Posh Stories creates a new opportunity to connect, browse, and shop, discovering coveted items from its over 100 million listings even more engaging and interactive.
Poshmark Sales Keep Growing
In 2019, Poshmark sellers earned more than $2 billion on the platform after passing the $1 billion milestone the year prior, and video has been one of their most requested selling tools to accelerate their businesses.
“Community building and human connection are more important than ever, and with Posh Stories, we’ve created a new way for our community to come together and continue to thrive. There are countless stories of people whose livelihoods have been supported by selling on Poshmark, and we believe that bringing their listings to life with video will create even more opportunities for our community to earn extra income and deepen connections.”
Manish Chandra, founder and CEO of Poshmark
Video has become a conduit for connection around the world, offering an immersive experience that promotes exploration and brings people closer together.
When applied to commerce, video provides a deeper layer of engagement between sellers and shoppers, adding texture and personality to items, and providing better insight into fit and style.
How Posh Stories Works
- Posh Stories will appear at the top of the Poshmark feed, allowing users to discover brands, shop closets, and engage with fellow Poshers in a few easy taps and swipes. Content will be showcased in a vertical slideshow format and will disappear after 48 hours.
- To create a Posh Story, users simply tap their profile photo at the top of the feed and begin recording a live, 15-second video, take a photo, or upload content from their phone. Users can add custom text captions and tags to their content, linking to users, listings, and brands to curate shoppable content, showcase styling tips, and more.
- Users can support and connect with others by liking and sharing their Stories, just as one would a Poshmark listing.
Poshmark will also be adding new capabilities to Posh Stories in the coming months to fuel discovery and inspire new ways to shop and connect.
Posh Stories will begin rolling out today, becoming widely available to all Poshmark community members in the U.S. and Canada over the next few weeks.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.