Royal Mail announced price adjustments to international parcels and letters on the 3rd of January, 2023, affecting business and personal shippers.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
First, let’s look at some general adjustments.
There will be an across-the-board hike on Royal Mail’s international surcharge. The surcharge enables the company to respond to fluctuations in the currency market that affect key cost areas of its business, such as fuel, conveyance, and international delivery.
The international surcharge will increase 62.5% from 4% to 6.5% due to unfavorable changes in Sterling exchange rates.
Royal Mail will be simplifying international pricing by removing the remaining temporary Air Carrier Supplements to China, Japan, Israel, Iceland and Russia as air capacity costs have stabilized but will incorporate them into its base prices.
Royal Mail – International Business Contract Products
For business customers with contracts for Zonal-priced international services (Tracked, untracked and Response), Royal Mail will be increasing all legacy and zonal product prices by 15-20%.
Other changes to International Business Contract Products include:
- International Tracked services (country-priced): On average, and based on Royal Mail country-specific data, most prices will be frozen with even a few slight reductions.
- International Tracked Heavier: Royal Mail is introducing new International Tracked Heavier options:
- Existing Tracked / Tracked & Signed services for parcels up to 30kg (current item sizes apply)
- New products will be introduced for parcels up to 30kg, with dimensions up to 61cm x 46cm x 46cm
- These products will be available to all destinations where Royal Mail currently offers International Tracked and/or International Tracked & Signed services.
- International Untracked Business Products (country-priced): In general, Royal Mail will be increasing prices to reflect higher delivery costs.
International Business Rate Cards
Royal Mail – Changes to International Online and International Account Parcels
The good news, there are no price changes to existing 0-2kg international prices.
Royal Mail is also introducing new maximum weights for international parcels for personal, account, and marketplace sellers.
- Customers will be able to send International Tracked and International Tracked & Signed parcels up to 20kg (up to 30kg on Account).
- International parcel postage bought online above 2kg, will need to be posted as a Medium Parcel format, with dimensions up to 61cm x 46cm x 46cm. The Small Parcel format only applies to parcels less than 2kg.
- Country-specific prices for Ireland, France, Germany and Canada will apply.
International Rate Cards for Personal, Account, and Marketplace sellers
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.