Royal Mail has been appointed by Moonpig, the UK’s leading online greeting card and gifting platform, to deliver packages across the UK on a Sunday. This partnership now means that Moonpig can offer its customers higher levels of convenience when ordering from them.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
The introduction of a commercial, seven-day parcel delivery capability for major retail customers is one of the key ways Royal Mail is responding to the growth in parcel volumes as more and more consumers shop online and want to receive their purchases as quickly as possible after placing their orders.
On Father’s Day this year, 60,000 gifts and cards (via Royal Mail’s Tracked 24® service for parcels) were delivered as a special occasion. The Sunday parcel delivery is now available for customers every week, with additional plans for Moonpig to make cards part of the regular Sunday delivery offering in the near future as well.
“We have an intelligent operations network that enables us to have the best range and the latest cut-off times for personalized cards and gifts anywhere in the market. We continue to work incredibly hard and keep innovating with our partners like Royal Mail to provide an exceptional service to our customers. This was a significant milestone to allow our customers to send cards and gifts for the first time that arrived on Father’s Day itself, making the day even more special for Dads.
“We’ve had a record-breaking Father’s Day this year, with well over a million Dads receiving a card or gift from Moonpig. The response on social media has been overwhelmingly positive, with smiling faces and happy families all around the country.”Tony Bannister, Shipping Director, Moonpig.
“We have been delivering for Moonpig for many years and have now extended our partnership to a seven-day service. We always listen to our customers and Sunday deliveries have been one of the services they have been asking for. The UK already trusts us to deliver their purchases six days a week both quickly and conveniently. Now our posties are doing the same thing seven days a week.”Nick Landon, Chief Commercial Officer, Royal Mail.
Royal Mail has been delivering cards for Moonpig since the company’s foundation in 2000, and the companies also announced a new, expanded contract last year that covers the majority of gift deliveries as well.
Moonpig and Royal Mail now offer best in class cut off times for delivery for gifts and cards within the UK:
- Tracked 24 ® service on all gift orders as standard (9pm customer cut off order time Monday to Friday, 4pm customer cut of order time Saturday and Sunday)
- Tracked 24 ® service on card orders (9PM customer cut off order time Monday to Friday and Sunday)
- Standard first class orders (7PM customer cut off Monday to Friday and 12PM (Midday) on Saturdays)
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.