Shippo, a leading shipping platform for growing eCommerce businesses, today announced it has partnered with Shopify, the leading provider of essential internet infrastructure for commerce, to provide an end-to-end shipping solution as well as best-in-class carrier rates to Shopify merchants directly within the Shopify platform. As part of this partnership, Shopify will leverage Shippo to make Shopify Shipping available in select European markets, where merchants can now access Shipping directly from the Shopify admin.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
This integration is made possible through the launch of Shippo for Platforms, a new product that offers platform providers a seamlessly integrated shipping solution through the Shippo API. With Shippo for Platforms, Shopify and other global eCommerce platforms can provide an improved shipping experience for their merchants worldwide without requiring additional in-house development or programming expenditures, resulting in significant ongoing cost and time savings while providing a seamless shipping experience that will drive adoption amongst their customers.
“Shopify has a well-established reputation of introducing new features and innovations that provide customers the absolute best possible experience, and shipping is no exception,”
“Third-party apps are clunky and often result in a poor user experience, but natively integrating Shippo’s shipping capabilities directly within the Shopify platform helps ensure their merchants enjoy all the benefits of Shippo while maintaining the seamless experience they have come to expect from Shopify.”Simon Kreuz, President, and Co-Founder, Shippo.
“It goes without saying that, to succeed in commerce today, merchants must be able to get packages into the hands of their customers quickly and affordably,”
“Our partnership with Shippo allows our merchants to meet consumer expectations for convenience, speed, and cost without having to be a shipping expert themselves.”Kaz Nejatian, VP, Merchant Services, Shopify.
Shippo for Platforms serves as a way for the world’s largest eCommerce platforms to future-proof their eCommerce strategy by powering shipping for their merchants while providing a unified in-platform experience. With embedded master accounts and bring-your-own-carrier functionality, platforms like Shopify can manage their global merchant infrastructure without compromising merchant experience or benefits.
This Shippo Native Solution Provides:
- Global carrier network and rates. Shippo has the largest network of global and regional carriers, as well as highly-competitive, pre-negotiated carrier rates. With Shippo for Platforms, platform providers can offer merchants lower rates and international scale without diverting resources to build and maintain those relationships internally.
- Turnkey end user experience. With code-complete functionality, any platform can easily integrate the full suite of Shippo features using Shippo’s API or Embedded UI. Each instance of Shippo for Platforms can be catered to the needs and development resources of the particular platform, helping to ensure the experience feels authentic to that brand.
- Easy-to-integrate shipping infrastructure. With the Shippo for Platforms infrastructure, platforms can sign up merchants, onboard carriers, purchase labels, and use all of the Shippo API functionality to natively service a merchant – all from a single place.
Shippo for Platforms is available for all global platform providers starting today. Platforms that are interested in creating a seamless shipping experience for their merchants can learn more about Shippo for Platforms at https://goshippo.com/shippo-for-platforms/.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.