Shopify Thanksgiving

This year Shopify is again providing sales data over the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. The Shopify’s data below reflects the full 24 hours of Thanksgiving sales from the 1 million+ merchants on their platform.

Record-breaking sales from Shopify’s merchants demonstrate that this holiday shopping season has become a global movement, changing the way consumers buy and how brands sell.

As consumers around the world are looking for more choices when it comes to their holiday shopping, over one million independent and DTC brands on Shopify are meeting their needs.

Global data from Shopify merchants on Thanksgiving shows:

  • $442 million USD: total sales made by Shopify merchants
  • $671,000 USD: peak sales per minute which occurred at 3:05 PM ET
  • 5.3 million: the number of consumers that made a purchase from Shopify merchants
  • 69%: sales being made on mobile, with the remaining 31% being made on desktop
  • $81.12 USD: average cart price
  • ColourPop’s Bare Necessities Shadow Palette, Pura Vida’s Beach Life Bracelets, and Furbo’s Dog Camera: trending products based on Shopify’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping Index
  • Vernon, California: top-selling city

Shopify U.S. highlights:

  • 62%: growth of sales on the Shopify platform in the U.S. since last year
  • 51%: growth of U.S. consumers purchasing from Shopify merchants since last year
  • $82.92 USD: the average cart price in the U.S.
  • 27.91 mins: the average time from start to checkout in the U.S.
  • 3:00 PM ET: peak sales hour in the U.S.

Live Data

Shopify is also providing here a live look at sales happening around the world on its platform! The landing page shows the number of orders per minute and the gross sales per minute.

What do you think about the data Shopify is providing? 

Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.

Follow us on FacebookTwitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.

READ MORE: Shopify Merchants Have Strong Start on Thanksgiving

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *