This year Shopify is again providing sales data over the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. The Shopify’s data below reflects the full 24 hours of Black Friday sales from the 1 million+ merchants on their platform.
Record-breaking sales from Shopify’s merchants demonstrate that this holiday shopping season has become a global movement, changing the way consumers buy and how brands sell.
As consumers around the world are looking for more choices when it comes to their holiday shopping, over one million independent and DTC brands on Shopify are meeting their needs.
Global data from Shopify merchants during Black Friday shows:
- $900+ million USD: total sales made by Shopify merchants
- $1.5+ million USD: peak sales per minute which occurred at 3:01 PM ET
- 9.3+ million: the number of consumers that made a purchase from Shopify merchants. (Over 5.3 million consumers made a purchase from a Shopify merchant for Thanksgiving 2019)
- $84.49 USD: the average cart price. (Average cart price for Thanksgiving 2019 was $81.12 USD)
- 69%: sales being made on mobile, with the remaining 31% being made on desktop
- Apparel & Accessories: top product category, with Health & Beauty following
Drunk Elephant’s Protini Polypeptide Cream, Teddy Fresh’s Color Block Hoodie & NeatProjector’s Portable Pocket Projector: trending products based on Shopify’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping Index
- New York City: top-selling city, with Los Angeles & Vernon, California following
Highlights from Shopify merchants in the U.S.:
- 48%: growth of sales on the Shopify platform in the US since last year
- 49%: growth of US consumers purchasing from Shopify merchants since last year
- $87.71 USD: the average cart price in the US
- 11:00 AM ET: peak sales hour in the US
Shopify is also providing here a live look at sales happening around the world on its platform! The landing page shows the number of orders per minute and the gross sales per minute.
What do you think about the data Shopify is providing?
Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.